• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will you take to your 1st scan?

scooby88

Reaction score
I had it in mind it would just be me and the OH. We are paying for an early private scan tomorrow, you can have up to 5 people in with you. My sister has asked if she can come. Im really not sure? OH says he doesnt mind, but I might regret letting her and wish we'd seen our baby for the 1st time just the 2 of us, or would the experience be better shared? Then if my sis comes, my mum will want too aswell. I dont know what to do for the best??

My hubby and only my hubby.
You have to think that it'll be your partners first time of been closer to the baby. You can feel the effects everyday etc and your mum will know what it feels like etc, yet the men are left twiddling thumbs until the actual birth so I think the scan is more for them than us tbh.

Give him the intermicy of seeing baby alone with you ;)

We've had 4 scans and I've only had my OH with me each time (he almost missed second scan due to being stuck on a Tube!)

I think it is a very intimate experience and I only wanted to have my OH with me.

We have one more scan left and if for some reason he couldn't make it I'd take my sister or my Mum...

xxxxxxxxxx

For me it was such a special moment I only wanted to share with my hubby. I would have HATED sharing it with his family so I guess it would be the same for him. Even though we love our families I think showing them the pic first was enough.

For me it was just my boyfriend, I just feel like its our baby and our special moment. But everyone is different and if you said no to your sister I'm sure she would understand.

Thanks for the replies. My gut feeling is I just want it to be the 2 of us, everyone is so excited and I dont want to upset any of the family. He has a large family too, so if i say my sis can come, his sis might want to too. I think itll be easier to just tell everyone we are going alone. I dont know why people expect to be invited along anyway? My mother has invited herself to the birth!!! Thats another thing Im going to have to sort...

I think everyone's different Hun so do whatever is best for you and OH but like u said might open up a can of worms know I'd have been upset if my sister took her sister in law and not me. As for th birth that's deffo just me and my hubby, think having mums there would make it worse (for me). I always want my mum when I'm unwell or in pain etc but want it to be our new family moment the first time we see our babba.

yeah same here, my mum was like 'I want to be at the birth' literally as soon as I told her I was pregnant. My OH is quite a shy person so I know he wouldnt feel comfortable with my mum around. Like you say its a start of a new family so it should just be us. I am so excited about tomorrow Its making me feel sick. x

Aw I bet Hun! I Loved seeing babba on screen was mega disapointed today as went for scan but as I had an emergency early scan last week they class that as dating scan. Never mind roll on 3rd sept for next one lol!
If your paying for scan tomorrow will you still have NHS one? Maybe have best of both worlds and take mum to that one and have tomorrow jus u and OH?

if i had had an OH i would have defo only taken him xxx

I only want it to be me and my partner. It just feels like quite and intimate experience that I wouldn't want to share with anyone else. Also, the pessimistic side of me thinks that if something was wrong, I wouldn't want anyone else there to witness it.

Definitely only having OH at scans but my mum will be with me at birth too as well. She is so laid back she wont be in the way!! Lol xx

Think im the only one with a different answer! My OH will be coming and ive asked my mum and his mum. Im very close to my mum so its natural for me to have her there and its my OH parents (this sounds awful for saying and i dont mean any disrespect and its not to be taken in a bad way) first biological grandchild so have never had the experience of it from the beginning so its also natural for me to want to include her. Bit of a full house but i want to share it with them too and see them smile just as we will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back