How did you feel before 1st scan?

nikkif

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have my 1st scan on friday and i am very excited but also very nervous incase there is something wrong...its such a wierd mix of emotions because you get so so used to the fact that you are pregnant i cannot imagine something being wrong. On the other hand i keep thinking how amazing it will be to see baby for the 1st time!

How did you all feel/ deal with it?

xx

Hi nikki,

I was terrified, I had an early scan for reassurance and when I saw the heartbeat I burst into tears of absolute joy :cheer:

I have my proper 12 week scan on 22nd Feb and I'm scared again incase something has went wrong since last scan :(

I cant describe how fantastic it is to see your wee baby for the first time, enjoy every second :hug: :hug:

I was quite ambivalent to the way I feeling, one minute frightened the other so excited that I was going to see baby. Nothing can prepare for the total rush you get when they tell you they can see baby and its heartbeat, then after a few minutes of them measuring up ( which feels like an age) you get to see baby. Ours would'nt keep still I'm sure its going to be an attention seeker it was doing the whole look at me thing. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was absolutly terrified!!! I was excited as well but more scared then anything. I was worried that there wouldn't be a baby there or something would be wrong. When the ultrasound women was trying to find the baby I kept thinking 'I knew it! there isn't a baby' but then it popped up with a good strong heartbeat :cheer: I've got my next scan a week tomorrow and I'm having exactly the same thoughts!!!!! I think we all have the same worries about the scans but when you see the baby on the screen all the fears and worries fade away.........................................Till the next scan.

Hi

I think i was the only one excited , with Kiara since she was my first i had my first at 16 weeks and i was so happy about it this itme i was the same , i had no worries. :)
Im sure it will be fine and its gonna be so amazing seeing your LO on the screen
Katrina

hi nikkif,

im sure you will be fine. try to concentrate on all of the exciting feelings and forget about the worries. im sure your little one is doing just fine and you will be so so happy when you see him on the scan and the little heart beating away. it is a truy amazing thing!

Good luck and enjoy! x

I felt really nervous that something would be wrong, but so excited to get the chance to see in case everything was okay.
I was pretty spaced out during the whole thing but burst into tears of relief when we got out into the car park after.
But within a week later I was all worried again that something has happened since and I'm equally worried and anxious about my next scan - it never ends!
I can't wait until we can feel them move and so be reassured all day, everyday that things are going okay in there.

Hi Nikkif,

I was a lot calmer than I thought, I think because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I thought it would take ages to find the baby and that I wouldn't be able to look. But she put the probe on and, bang! there it was! No searching, it just popped up with a really strong heartbeat and was perfect!!

It was such a relief, but like the other girls, I'm worried again now!! Hopefyully I'll start showing soon and then I'll feel better.

K.xxx

I was crapping myself!!!! :rotfl: Then felt very strange when I saw it on the screen, odd!!!

i was all over the place.... and i hate waiting... my heart was going ten to dozen and i just couldn't keep still, thinking something's wrong, and where before i had a 12 week scan and the baby had died i was really a mess

i tried now took look at the screen, but i did and i saw her just lying there moving around with a good strong heart beat.. i cried and cried and thanked god for not taking her away :wink:

good luck hun, but your going to be fine, just relax and enjoy xxx

I was really nervous too, At first the MW couldn't find it - I almost went into orbit. Then she said it must be hiding and did an internal and there it was heart beating and moving about - best feeling EVER! :cheer:

Got my 12 week scan a week on Thursday and I'm getting nervous again :roll:

I was a quivering wreck as I had a previous mc I has a reassurance scan at 7 weeks and when I saw the heartbeat I burst out crying. Then at my 12 week scan was a quivering wreck AGAIN I practically jumped up and down when I saw the baby didn't even register whether there was a heartbeat until the sonographer said a bit scarstically "and its got a heartbeat" the cow. Am much more relived now I'm past the scary stage,

Best of luck hun I am sure it will go great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back