who wears the pants?

trixipaws

Reaction score
just curious (a.k.a. nosey hehe!)

if i could have it my way i would be 100% housewife and SAHM, and my boyf would be ok with it too, but we cant afford to be without the few peanuts i bring in lol. so here my boyf is still the breadwinner but i do work part-time. i do pretty much all the housework but he does the DIY type things and the cat litter and manky jobs for men! lol. and he does do the childcare all by himself on saturdays coz i work saturdays.

in my parents house it was the same, my mum always worked but only part-time and she did most of the household chores and school-runs, lala. wondered whats the norm these days?

I am a SAHM and will be until 2nd child starts nursery all being well. Hubby is breadwinner but helps me out with some of the chores such as emptying bin, picking up the dog poo etc. :hug:

I work 2 days a week so not a complete housewife but I do the cleaning, I cook tea ready for when he gets home, i take care of Jack etc, etc. Si does the mans jobs like taking out the bins :lol: But he helps out a lot, he does his fair share of looking after Jack and gives me a lie in on a weekend.. well we take it in turns. He will sometimes wash the pots or do bits and bobs around the house. He earns around 4 times my wage though so he's definately the breadwinner. I love our set up :)

Hmm, at the mo coz OH got made redundant i bring in the money (SMP) But hopefully he'll have a job by the end of the week. Waiting for that dreaded phonecall after an interview!

I also do the cooking and the cleaning (and the packing at the mo) I also do the bins and the cat litter. I also do the looking after the baby!

He does the entertaining! I wanna be a SAHM but i won't be able to.

50/50 for us I think but will probsbly change when I go back to work but I would probably still consider it to be 50/50 regardless of who earns more or does more work in the house ;)

I admire all the SAHM though! I'd go mad :lol: but then I'm considering extending my leave till next aug as I don't feel ready to go back to work and finish my probation year yet

I work 4 days a week and earn the same pro-rata as hubby, so although he brings in a bit more I'd say we were both the breadwinners.

Housework is almost 50/50 but needs to be directed. OH wouldn't think to do stuff but if I ask him he does. I can't complain too much really. :)

Before i went on maternity leave we were both working full time and everything was 50/50 money wise. Housework wise i did most of it but he would help out when i moaned at him. DIY jobs are not really done by either of us. I get frustrated he cant do them (as hes never been shown) I then get myself up a ladder not knowing what im doing and it ends up in an arguement! I really must get on a DIY course!

When the baby is born i would love to be a full time stay at home mum but we cant meet the bills so im going to go back 2.5 days a week and if need be i will work a couple of evenings. It will be a struggle but i'm sure it'll be worth it!

Claire x

OH earns the most and whilst i am on maternity leave i dont mind doing the housework, however when i return to work full time in Jan OH is in for a big shock as i certainly wont be doing all the housework aswell.

I work (on mat leave at the moment) and My OH is a SAHD :) I would love to be the one that gets to stay home but because Im a trained florist I earn alot more than OH could. He does all the manky jobs that I go all squeeley over and he does most or the things like hoovering and washing up but I cook our food :D It works out pretty even really.

Lee works...... 12/14 hour days 5 days a week

And is off for 2

I do everything while hes in work and when hes off he looks after Callum completely and we have big tidy ups together

i chose the second one, OH works, I go back to work in June for a couple days a week. I do all the housework (friggin hate it :evil: ) and look after LO :)

I'm going to sound terrible outdated... :lol:

Both me and DH work... we have odd jobs... DH's main job is less hours/work than my main job... but we do extra jobs like translations to bring in extra cash, and DH tends to do more (well more complex as he has more languages) translation jobs than me, plus he fixes computers too...

The housework is pretty much divided down the middle although all the childcare (well the lion's share) falls to me... I think kids should be cared for mainly by their mother, papa's should be horsey's and tickle monsters and protectors, and that its my place to deal with the house and home. I know it "isn't" technically my job only... I just feel it is.

I love the traditional way of things, and would love to be a SAHM but in this modern age and in Spain its just not possible. WE are expected to work and both bring in money.

None of the options fit us, I earn the most so am the main breadwinner and do about 2/3's of the house stuff and I imagine when we have kids I'll do the lion share of that as well.

We both work full time but I earn twice as much as him so I pay 2/3's of everything and he pays a 1/3. I do all the cooking (including cleaning up from cooking) and the laundry but he does the hovering, every few weeks or so he goes mad about how messy the house is so we have a big tidy up (I'm not a neat freak and don't care if the place is in a bit of a mess, i may not even notice it :lol: but he hates it) I think he expects me to do more but if he's gonna sit on his arse every evening and weekend why the hell can't I!

DIY, he detests it so it's easier to do it myself then deal with the EXTREME moodiness but there's not much I know how to do so we end up leaving things for months then paying someone to sort it out when it gets desperate. We moved in about 18 months ago and he's still promising to finish the wardrobes, I will not hold my breath!

He wears the pants...................but only because I say he can :wink:

to answer the thread title question:
I wear the trousers. In general, what i say goes, i don't work, i refuse to until my children are at school. May however get a little 'me time' part time job when number three is 2 to 3 years old.
Oh by the way, hubby agrees that i shouldn't work when the kids are young and we are lucky enough to be in the financial position to do it :) but even if he didn't agree i wouldn't work, i personally believe that if you can afford it, you should stay home with your children, however i do understand that there are many reasons why some mums go back, money being only one of many and i don't judge those who 'choose' to go back :)

Anyway, back to topic, DH earns the money, i'm supposed to do 90% of the household chores, but i don't. DH can get stressy about nothing so I leave him to the housework. I do do 99% of the childcare but wouldn't have that any other way :)

Basically my poor suffering husband has a lot to put up with me, so it's a bloody good job i'm a hot piece of ass!

i bring in more money, but then also do most of the childcare, but he does take over when he does get home. He does pretty much all the cooking (hes a chef) and takes the bins out, sometimes the washing up but i pretty much do the rest :). But i most certainly wear the trousers :lol:

It used to be 50/50 with us both earning approx the same and doing same housework and cooking.
Now he earns the money and because im a big lumbering pregnant lump is doing most of the housework too.

When bubs is born i dont plan to go back to work but would like to chidcare a couple of kids to cover the difference between what i would earn and the cost it would have to have 2 kids in childcare. I will do all the housework and cooking.
He will do all diy and the bins and ill probably make hm cook on a Saturday nght

None of the options fit. I earn twice as much as him at present. He works four days a week (two days, saturday and sunday and two nights monday and tuesday night) and when he is home he is on child duty, although Anais goes to nursery and the others are at school. On week ends i do most of the housework cos i cannot abide the mess and he is unfortunately quite laid back about it. He can do all sorts of things, but tends to "forget". It is not so much that he is lazy as that he is INCREDIBLY disorganised, so when he has a list of things to do he tends to get half of it done, cos he does not organise his time.
It is no where near ideal, but I live with it, cos he does try and is willing to do things, so i just hope with time he will improve! :lol:

Lisa

We both work full time but I'm the bigger earner, I do all the housework during the week and I work from home to collect paris and look after harrison all day except fridays when they are both looked after by nursery/school club. Sean helps at weekends (well if you call it helping) :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back