Who does the DIY in your house?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I have spent half the day using polyfiller to smooth over my walls and fill holes and the other half sanding it all down with my teeny tiny mouse sander.

I have dust in my eyes, dust in my ears, dust in my nose, dust in my throat!

I'm pretty handy when it comes to DIY, but surely this is man's work! :roll:

I was just wondering who does the DIY in your house?

And how does the one who doesn't do the DIY make up for it?

Last edited:
Hubby does it all, I'm useless at DIY!

I make up by well.... ;) :p x x

Mine doesnt like change in any shape or form so if i want anything done i have to do it myself when he's out and take the rap for it later. Or i can bully him into it, but it's a long process and he does it in the end whilst shouting at me the whole time. So either way i cop it, so i try not to require it too much!

im the diy queen haha but my hubby cooks and cleand :) lol

Oh yes, I should mention that he does do everything else. When i get up in the morning the shoe makers elves have been in and the house is spotless.

Even last night when i had a friend staying from Australia and we all sat up til 3am playing poker and drinking rum. I got up today and it was all immaculate again.

So I guess not a lot of DIY is a small price to pay

In all seriousness, OH does the DIY and I do the cooking, cleaning and washing etc. He does pitch in with everything though so I'm pretty lucky there. :) x x

i do everything as were not moved in together yet.......... he asks me to do it but when i know he noticed it by the time he gets back from work iv done it lol
im too independant for my own good sometimes :( sometimes i offend him by insulting his masculinity hahaha ( god i cant spell)
even when he moves in i can see me not letting him do anything he works so many hours bless him

I'm not allowed to do DIY, my hubby is a joiner and all round smarty pant know it all who wont let me touch anything because he says i will ruin it ;(. I cook to make up for though because he cant even boil an egg!

We both have a go; Hubby does the assembling and I'm not allowed in case I look at him the wrong way and put him off :roll:

But polyfiller-ing, painting, glossing, sanding etc I always do my fair share :)

We split the household stuff too, cooking, washing etc x

My OH does the putting ikea stuff together but I have to leave him alone as a serious swearing rant always ensues. I do the painting and stuff as he never gets round to it. I also do the cleaning (OH helps if nagged enough) washing and ironing and washing up but OH does all the cooking and the shopping too, he loves supermarkets and I hate them and I have to admit he's a brilliant cook, my friend's and family are always really impressed.

My dad comes and does it! OH is like frank spencer ha ha

That's more or less how it is here. We live in my Dad's house so most of the stuff Dad does.

OH does most of the cooking and quite a bit of cleaning stuff. I like doing DIY though, when we got our bedroom furniture I put it all together, that was fun, 5'2" trying to put together a 6' tall wardrobe by myself. :lol:

He he we own half the house and my dad owns half only way we could get it he he so so he should do the diy! OH does the garden and I do cooking and cleaning! So fairly shared! I think dad likes coming round to see us he uses diy as an excuse to see his lovely daughter ha ha

No such thing as DIY in our house - we are both totall useless so if we dont know "a man who can" we find one in the yellow pages and pay him!!! Believe me - we cant afford to do this but both value our marriage too much to try and fix things ourselves! Same reason I wont let him give me driving lessons!!!

I do allllll the diy - DH would like to think he does the diy where as in reality he will put one piece of wall paper up while complaining and moaning before I tell him to go downstairs or he will start laying the flooring befor he back "puts out after the first row" and I do the rest e says he isn't faking it but omg 5 different floors that's happen on now! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my Dad...bless him....especially now he is retired, he comes to mine and does the decorating...bless x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back