Work are being horrid

Kathy78

Reaction score
Hi All, RANT!

My Work are being really horrible (well I think they are ;-) ) I have got week after next booked off (half term) to take my daughter and husband awat for one last holiday beofre baby comes in 6 weeks. I have three weeks left at work. I have now been told my daughter needs an operation in London on the last week of my maternity leave. My boss rang me today to say that he would like me too cancel my holiday and move it to the operation week. I am so upset.

Sorry, not sure what to do. My Mum has suggested I get myself signed off for the last 3 weeks as I am getting myself too stressed out.??

Last edited:
I'm not sure that they can do that. If your daughter is due an operation during your maternity leave there is nothing that your boss can do - you wouldnt be at work that week anyway.

Or did you mean she is due an operation in the last week before your maternity leave? Sorry, not sure I'm reading that right.
xx

Cheek of it! I'd say no, I will take my holiday as planned and you will be there for your daughter when she has her operation. Why do bosses think they can take the p*ss, grrr x

FBE is right, they can't tell you what to do. If you already have the holiday booked then I'm pretty sure they can't refuse it now, if you'd only just put the request in they probalby could refuse that though.

They can only ask you to move stuff around, they can't make you, don't let them make you do something you're unhappy with!!

xxxx

They can't do that honey, I changed my maternity date by 3 weeks because I had to care for my mum. U have to put it in writing. I wouldn't get signed off I would just change ur date by a week. Xxxx

Like people have said they can;t take your holiday away after it has been agreed, you should also get some flexibility as your a parent for looking after your child, I know with my company if your child is ill they are really flexible and it's in the staff handbook.

Alternatively like has been said just say you will start your maternity leave a week early then and hand it to them in writing..

Hope you get it sorted xxxx

Hope you get it sorted hun. I had loads of problems with my works too to the point where I just left cos it wasn't worth it! Don't let them boss u around xxxxxx hope it gets sorted xxxxxx

Thanks all for your replies. My doctors have been great and have now signed me off until my maternity leave starts. They have not put it down to pregnancy so work can't force me to take early maternity leave. I am do scared to tell my boss but I think it is for the best. Xxx

Pleased your GP's are understanding and that they've signed you off too. Its a shame when Employers act like that, but it just shows they only look after themselves. Dont be scared - you are only doing the same, looking after yourself and your family who are far more important than your stoopid boss xxx

Glad doctor has sorted it for you, try to relax now. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back