i have no job..

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I hope you sort it with them as it doesn't seem fair what they've done!

If worse comes to worse start your MA earlier than you'd planned and spend more time on here, lol :)

hugs for you :hug: :hug:

i have just sent someone from my agency a screen dump of the sent emails..

fingers crossed..

Just read this thread (the forum locked me out last night for a while :wall: )

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry to hear this has happened.

And what others have said is true, you can start your maternity allowance early. In fact I'd apply for it now as if there is a back log it may take a few weeks to come through anyways (tho they do backdate it). Mine took over 5 weeks to process and was 4 weeks past the date I'd applied for it to start (which was 11 weeks prior to my due date week) :roll: :wall:

Just get your MatB1 form from your MW asap and call the Jobcentre and ask them who you need to call to arrange your maternity allowance. They'll give you a number and call that, have them send you the forms and fill them out. Sooner you post them, sooner it'll be sorted.

Of course if you find some work for a few weeks then hold off the start date till it ends.

:hug: :hug:

thanks sherlock :hug:

i'm just going to send the maternity allowance form away today, i have it all ready, and i'll just amend the dates so it starts early.

have all my evidence and everything sorted thank god, it took ages :rotfl:

the guy still hasn't got back to me about the email i sent :doh: i bet you they will jus ignore it which it making me really annoyed :evil:

Sarafet - I don't usually deal with temporary workers, but I could emphatise with your distress so hope you don't mind but I called ACAS for you (not to mention that I dislike when employment rights are violated!).

They gave me a further contact number for a helpline for agency workers 0845 955 5105 and I called them as well. They advised you to have a proper look at your contract as unfortunately often agencies mention in their contract that they can terminate the contract at any time for any reason. However, there may be a notice period in the contract? You may want to give them a call yourself once you have your contract in hand.

Said that, they also advised that if the termination of your contract was because of your pregnancy you could take up the issue with the Equality Commission as pregnancy is covered within the law covering Sex Discrimination.

This is what I found from CIPD website (site for HR professionals):
not be subjected to a a detriment, disadvantage, unfair treatment or dismissal because of the pregnancy, maternity leave, etc.
Generally speaking, less-favourable treatment of a woman who is pregnant, for example by changing her terms of employment or dismissing her, is a form of sex discrimination and may make an employer liable for an unlimited claim for damages.

I agree with Rachie25 that any reputable agency would assist you to find another job. If nothing else, if I was the agency I would be too scared about a legal challenge!

I would personally try to remain in friendly terms with the agency and hope that they could find you another job for a while and perhaps start maternity as soon as possible (the beginning of the eleventh week before the baby is expected).

Good luck. Try not to get too stressed. :hug:

thanks so much babymagic :hug:

i have sent the agency another email - waiting for some kind of response.

i'm going to read though my contract again and see if it says about terminating my contract at any time, no doubt it will.

i don't know if i can claim that my illness is pregnancy related though - i've had a cold and just generally exhausted. i know pregnancy is making it worse though..

agency did not offer to find me another job at all :(

i just received an email (rather cheeky email i may add) back from the agency.

basically he said that it won't make any difference as i was down as AWOL last week as well :doh: i've sent him another email because if he cared to look at the screen dump i'd sent him - there is an email from the friday stating that i was off sick :wall: and on the thursday (the day my absence started,) i spoke to someone from the agency on the phone.

i can tell they just want me to leave it alone now, and they are getting fed up with me. i am so angry now though because i did send the emails therefore it's NOT my fault that my work had me down as AWOL, it's the agency :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
you poor thing :( don't let it stress you out, they aren't worth it!
Try and enjoy the time you have off :) xxxxx

thanks suzie :hug:

i just know i'm going to be sooo bored though, and knowing that i could be earning money :( makes me feel awful. just told my mum there and she made me feel even worse.

uh :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
aww hun, don't feel bad! You did nothing wrong it was the smelly agency people! It's awful feeling rough and feeling pregnant as the two really don't go well together! I spent 8 weeks on sick pay before I could get my mat allowance and yeh it was tight but in the end i managed a lot better than i would have done had i stayed at work.

Things will get better :)
and soon you'll have your LO :) xxxx :hug:

You know what, forget them. Don't stress yourself over it anymore. I know its the principal of the thing more than anything but it'll probably only cause more headaches and upset.

I'd focus on baby and getting your maternity pay coming through even though its a bit earlier than planned. I'm taking mine from 11 weeks before and I stopped working before Christmas so had 6 weeks from then till mid Feb before getting any money. Lucky my OH supported me during that time frame.

But its been great to have time at home, potter around, do some gardening, got to spend lots of time with my dog before she died and now have Eric who gets me out and about. I've caught up on some reading, cleaning, getting things ready for baby and spending time with OH.

Also people tell me I look so relaxed and well. I put it down to being able to come and go as I want now, sleep in if need be, not worry when I can't sleep properly at night... its been worth it as I'm really relaxed and on an even keel about everything.

I'm always on MSN/Yahoo or AIM if you ever want to chat btw. Drop me a PM and I'll give you my user addys etc.

:hug:

Wanted to ditto Sherlock - the extra time and lack of 'having' to do anything is great when you can't sleep! I've been having the odd night where i just can't sleep at all and if i had to go to work and cope with that it'd be awful! But as it is i can sleep whenever i like making me feel a whole lot better!

xx

aww thanks so much girls, you's have realy cheered me up :hug:

i just don't want to get bored i think, but i know the sleeping when i want etc will be great because my sleep during the night is getting awful, (up 6 times a night for the toilet and with heartburn..)

i know i'll be ok, just hope the weeks don't drag by, but nex month we're moving house so i suppose that can keep me busy too! i can paint everywhere :cheer: i suppose there will be a dramatic increase in my post count as well :rotfl:

thanks again girls, i feel a lot better now. mum phoned as well and apologised and told me not to worry :) i sent my maternity allowance form away earlier, so fingers crossed everything goes through ok and i can get it :pray:

xxx

This is my second week of maternity leave and I've not been bored once yet. I'm loving being able to do stuff in my own time without rushing or having to clock watch.
In a way I want Logan to stay inside so I can continue to relax and be lazy :lol:

I hope you MA forrms are processed quickly :hug: :hug:

sarafet said:
yep i've thought about amending my maternity allowance date to start sooner.. i might do that.

i do actually have the emails in my sent items, just checked, i don't think it would really make a difference to be honest though. i feel bad enough already and don't want to sound like i'm coming up with excuses :(

my OH asked me if they can terminate my contract when preg related.. i really don't know, but again i don't want to start stirring up a big mess with the agency :cry:

when employed by an employment agency, you have rights to SMP among other things if you have been working with them for 13wks or more, or so my agency told me. they got rid of me before then :x

cant say i am that upset about it. financially it will be a struggle for a month until MA kicks in, but thankfully I had a lot of things bought up and organised, as i didnt know how long the job would last. I would take a trip to your local CAB, if you have been working for them more than 13wks you have rights, and the right not to have them violated :wink:

Sorry to hear u are having this hassle :(

And take it from someone who is still working - enjoy it and relax! I have been constantly thinking that I should have stopped working earlier than I am.

update on this -

in a fit of rage a few days ago, i found a link to employmen tribunals and filled out the online application.

got a letter in today from them saying that they have accepted my case and have sent some kind of letter to my agency etc :oops: they will wait 28 days for a reply from them to get the ball rolling :shock:

i really don't know if i should have done this, i feel a bit silly now. i only done it because the agency were infuriating me and being so unhelpful after sacking me :oops:

has anyone been though this process before?

xxx

Aww don't worry hun, i haven't ever been through it but they did treat you unfairly. Just wait and see what comes of it.

Have some :hug: :hug: :hug:

How are you finding your time off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back