• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who else is waiting??

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us are just waiting around for something .... to start treatment, waiting on an operation, waiting for an appointment etc ....

Seems like there could be a few of us, me included, just wondering what we can do to help pass the time ???

Last edited:
Me, I'm waiting :blush:

I've struggled quite a lot about how to occupy myself really.

I spent some time sulking and then I spent some time organising the next cycle and then i spent some time obsessively writing about it and then I spent some time trying to find some cycle buddies and then i spent some time enjoying the sun (not much :roll:) and now I'm half way there and just started a really strict diet.

The diet is pretty gruelling but it's keeping my mind off ttc as I obsess about food instead and I can see an improvement on the scales every few days so better than no change :)

I'm also playing a computer game that is keeping me entertained.

Oh, and I've started a website design course, well will be doing in the next couple of week.

Mainly I'm just counting the days away and am thoroughly bored...

How about you? xx

*puts hand up* I'm waiting hun. Forever and a bloomin day for iui then ivf if that doesn't work.

Really not sure what we can do to pass the time other than just chat to each other and be there for each other when we are having a rough time. As we all do from time to time (cougheverymonthcough).

Personally I like to try and keep busy, spend quality time with oh, plan trips and holidays and look forward to that. It's hard, its taken me a while to just accept that I have to wait. But all good things and all that! :)

How long til your ivf hun? Xxx

After a lot of consideration I have made the decision to start my training to become a registered childminder, have my first day course booked for next week, I put it off for ages because of our situation but finally feel ready to give it a go. So hopefully that will keep me busy for a bit.

It is also my birthday tomorrow and have a girls night out planned so there will be lots of drinking :)

I thought you'd already started your course Vicky, I'm glad you have set the date :)

What kind of qualification is it? It's good that you can start whenever.

Are you a full-time (lol) wife too? It feels like forever ago, but I'm sure it was you? Or you plan on being full-time mum? Something like that...

I hate saying stay at home because you don't just stay at home but ive decided that full-time sounds a bit silly too :eh:

I'm waiting to get pregnant! Haha in all seriousness though our consultant wants to see us in september if nothing happened. At that point we will take some time and when we are ready move onto the next step, likely ivf as better chance of it working (we are paying and he wouldnt recomend iui). We still hope it will happen naturally but in my heart I'm sure after 18months which will be december/january we will be ready to take the next step.

I booked all my courses ages ago but have had to wait to start them. Only need to do 4 courses and 3 of those are day courses, hoping to have it all done and registered by the end of the year.

I am a full time (lol) wife, was made redundant last year and have been very fortunate to have been allowed a break from work. while we go through our fertility treatment. But I am sooo bored now which is why I am starting the childminding thingy!!

I really need a hobby ... any ideas??

Duplicated post ... stupid phone!!

Last edited:
Im waiting too!!! In Limbo for what feels like an absolute eternity. Thought I would be starting my IUI in June but missed the cut of of thè letter at the end of May. So now have to wait till the end of June for a letter to then say when I have an appointment to begin the process.Word on the street is theres a 3 month wait after the letter so looking like September! Ohh its so depressing!!!!

I occupied myself up till June getting a new car, doing up my living room and at weddings etc! Im currently going to use the Euro 2012 to occupy me even though the Scots haven't qualified. Ive got my summer holidays coming up as Im a teacher so going to fill each day with either a catch up with friends or activity. Im usually never bored in my holidays so hoping this impending wait doesnt stop me feeling like Ive got heaps to do.

Needless to say the fact my house needs fully cleaned, painted and decorated could keep me busy but reckon Ill give that a skip!!!!!

Me too! After the mess up with harts and Essex, we have now been referred to Barts. I have heard that it is 6-8 weeks for an appointment. So I guess we will be seen in July. We are

Lots of us waiting then, hopefully we can all start treatment around the same time x

I really need a hobby ... any ideas??

ermmmmmmm sewing things? writing a book? taking photos? cooking classes? badminton??? :think:

I'm waiting too but I have some dates so the wait doesn't feel so bad at the mo. Plus work is going to be busy over next 6 weeks so reckon I'll be fairly occupied. I'm going to try to go swimming and might try and make something... a little project... maybe a cushion?! Plus, whenever I've got time on my hands I love cooking :) therapeutic. It's good that you'll be starting child minding course soon -- something to get your teeth into :) any pre course material you can read?? xx

Im waiting for hell to freeze over.....:rofl:

Im waiting for my Lap, im also waiting for my shop to be relocated and mess everything up. Im also waiting for OH to pop the question (weve found the ring), so i can book and plan an engagement party and keep myself busy. I have already budgeted fo Wedding ha ha ha xxx

Ah, so it was you :)

I'm glad my mind hasn't totally rotted away yet! The other day the inlaws were here and they said something about having some sheep that hubby's cousin needed to rehome. I asked which cousin and they told me it was the one i was talking to all day at one of the weddings... do i have any recollection at all? No, not at all. Not a clue! It was one of those moments where we all were judging my sanity.

I tell them i'm like Sherlock Holmes and only keep required information stored for fear of pushing something useful out :whistle:

I'm the same - a full time mum with no children :roll: Did you remember or are you worse then me? ;)

I have a couple of actual full time mum friends and i pop around to see them every week or two.

I have just picked up that course out of boredom. I'm going to be the next online billionaire, like thingimabob - facebook guy :)

I like growing fruit and veg and now i'm trying to be a bit more healthy. I mentioned my diet, well it involves a lot of hummus so today i'm making my own! I'm simmering my chickpeas as we speak - they stink :shock:

You know... i think i'm actually going to paint the spare rooms to accommodate children. Just give me something to do that i bet i won't feel like when i have a belly full of demon spawn :good: I'm thinking peach with black and white. Not sure about the other. I'm leaning towards thinking i'm having a girl first, i referred to the baby as "she" the other day to hubby lol

Last edited:
Im waitin for my hsg. Its changing from bein in theatre to clinic so there gonn get in touch when its changed over. Theres abt 30 people infront of me xx

Sent from my LG-P692 using Tapatalk 2

Oh and happy birthday Vicky :good:

Hope you have the type of day that you can't have with kids in tow ;) xx

Happy birthday Vic, have a lovely day xxx

Happy birthday Vicky xx
Me I'm waiting for a miracle, and keeping myself occupied while I wait, luckily I have been able to do some supply hours in the classroom which is helping a bit financially as well as financing the course I've just started, its a QCF supporting teaching and learning in the classroom qualification and its going to keep me so busy also trying to stick to wright watchers which is working when I do stick to it and trying to sort the house out. Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I wanna hear all about your night out tomorrow missy, hope your getting messy :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back