Low BBT, 5-day spotting and still waiting

simone1977

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm on CD35 today (which is my average cycle). My temperature went up (36.4-36.5) for just 2 days on CD 21-22, and dropped back down to 36 degrees and has been hovering around this level since. I had pink and light brown spotting for about 5 days, which ended 2 days ago, and I"m still waiting for my AF to come. Nothing so far.

My question is, did I really experience O or was does it seem like my hormones are out of whack? I have mild abdominal cramping, tiredness by early evening and soreness of BBs. Did an HPT yesterday, which came out negative.

I"m wondering if anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks!

I'd guess that you didn't ovulate and the spotting was your period, so yes your hormones are out of whack :oooo:

Do u have a linbk to ur chart? Its impossible to tell without looking at the cycle as a whole. It could be funny hormones this cycle like louise says - an annovultory cycle perhaps. Do ur other cycles charting show ovulation?

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a chart I can post, but in my last cycles (I've been charting for about 3 years), I've always seen a spike to 36.5-36.6 degrees (from pre-O of 36.1-36.2 deg) - the temperature will stay elevated for 14 days until AF arrives. This time around, I guess age is finally creeping up on me :( I just bought the Clearblue Fertility Monitor, but I can't start using it until I know that the spotting was indeed AF, since I need to start on a fresh cycle.

Ah I see, if ur an established charter u'll know when things aren't quite right. I think it was an anovulatory bleed. Check onlinline tcoyf or fertility friend to see if u should use the first day of spotting as cd w of the next xyxle or not. I'm not sure how it works. If this is a one off don't worry, annovultory bleeds ocasionaly can happen. Why r u concerned about age, how old r u if u don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I hope this is a one-off too :( I'm 35 this year, but I realise that over the last 2 years, my cycles have gone longer - from 30 days (when I was in my early 30s) to 32, and then 34. Now, it's averaging 35 days. My luteal phase has always been constant (14 days - based on temperature elevation), but I seem to have ovulated later over the last few years.

Looks like this time, I didn't ovulate at all :( We have been TTC for 2 years.

If u r ovulating later u can still cpncieve succesfully. A shorter leutal phsse would be more concerning. Good luck. I hipe it all works out for you. One thing u could consider is the AMH blood test to measure ur ovarian reserve.

i just had a cycle like this. normally my ovulation's pretty clear and my temps are really clear but this time no real shift and when my period came i barely needed a pad for 5 days. that's because if it's an anovulatory cycle you don't necessarily build up the lining to shed in your period.

it happens to everyone every now and then, but if it happens a lot i'd let your gp know

Well, my temperature went up to 36.4 over the last 3 days, and shot up to 36.66 degrees this morning. AF still hasn't arrived and I'm on CD 42. I'm not sure if this is late ovulation, or whether my hormones are still going awry..there's no bleeding whatsoever, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back