Donor Egg IVF Providing The Means To Finally Being A Mom

caluds123

Reaction score
Hi There

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has started the journey of DE IVF and waiting to either do their first DE IVF or perhaps a second or third attempt. It would be lovely to chat to other ladies either contemplating, waiting or planning to go along this route.

I recently discovered I would need to go the DE route and have had one attempt although we were unsuccessful this time we are very much looking forward to trying again in the new year once we have save the money up for another attempt.

After much research we decided to use a clinic in South Africa for the following reasons, they were able to assist us in finding a beautiful donor who was a beautiful match to me, there is total anonymity, no waiting list and they have huge success rates. The conversion rate of pounds to the South Afrcan rand has made this an affordable option for my hubby and I. Are there any other people out there who are planning or busy with a DE IVF abroad or in South Africa. If so I would ove the chace to chat to you?:)

Hiya Caluds :)

We're quite a small bunch here and your situation is quite specific. You might be better trying on fertilityfriends.co.uk - they are UK based and there are bound to be lots of people who are going through or been through the same thing as you.

All the best for your DE IVF cycle xx

Thanks so much for the advice and the well wishes. I really like this site so I will keep popping in to see if anyone else is keen for a chat on any DE issues.

thanks o much again for the kind wishes :)

Hi Caluds.

I am just about to start DE IVF in next few weeks hopefully. I have had a look at fertility friends but the threads can be difficult to keep up with, much prefer this website and the ladies here. As louise B said they are not many people on here going down this route.

I am very fortunate that may younger sister has offered to be any egg donor so we are currently awaiting for the contraceptive implant to 'come out' of her system so she can have FSH, AMH tests etc to check she is suitable. then everything will begin

Due to using my sister being egg donor we have no choice but to stay in UK, this will prove to be very expensive but we really felt my sister is the best option for us. I suppose it will be the closest match to me as apossible.

We looked into going abroad before my sister offered but so many places to chose from, is the difference in price substantial. Here I am looking at around £8000 for the first attempts and then possibly cheaper for additional attempts if the doctors can harvest enough eggs.

If you don't mind me asking how have people reacted when you have told them about DE IVF, we have had some really strange responses, particularly when I tell them we are using my sister.

Gosh Babytreasure that is fortunate that you are having DE IVF too so you can support each other :)

I know what you mean about fertility friends being hard to keep up with. People seem to only join for the duration of their treatment and then disappear and the chat threads are all talking over each other, but it's handy for people in the same situation at the same time.

What clinic are you going to?

Last edited:
Welcome Hun!

I wish you all the best with everything, I think it's perfectly natural to use your sisters eggs, wonderful infact.

I read a story in the paper where a mum who's little girl will be infertile when she grows up has frozen her own eggs for her daughter to use.

Good Luck!

xx

I wish you all the best with everything, I think it's perfectly natural to use your sisters eggs, wonderful infact.

Hmm, well i think i'm more of the "strange responses" people lol

It's the obvious choice genetically and makes a lot of sense, but i guess i'm a bit too possessive to think of my husband and my sister having a child together and my childs biological mother being ever present :blush:

It's probably in the best interest of the child though being surrounded by it's extended biological family too.

That said, the thought did cross my mind about getting a close relative of hubby's to provide a sample if we need to use donor sperm :)

Louise, I can see where you are coming from in finding the sitaution strange, your comments are some comments I had to consider myself before making the decision.

I think the thing that bothers me is the way people say things, one family friend said they were totally grossed out by the situation and would find interacting the child difficult! another said I should be concerned my sister and husband would run off together.

My sister at the age of 25 has 4 children of her own and fully understands the whole process, she was the one who offered.

We have decided to use the bridge centre in London as they have a local office just 10 mins from my sisters house.

Hi Baby Treasure,

I think that is absolutely wonderful that you have such a loving sister. I have heard wonderful things about Bridge, so I am sure you will be in very good hands. I really cant help you though with dealing with peoples responses as my hubby and I have gone the South African route for many reasons but most importanatly because of total anonymity. We both decided that we did not want our baby to now of its "origins" other than it coming straight from my belly:) Your situation is quite different, if you dont mind me asking what made you decide to let other people know of your decission to go the donor route? If your sister is comfortable keeping quite about it is it neccessary to tell anyone... just a thought.. you could always say you manged to fall pregnant without going donor. These are only thoughts you need to do what is right for you.

I love this site and I am so glad I decided to come back and check for any responses this eve. I would really like to keep popping in and if there is any advice I can give you from my past experience I would certainly love to. In the meantime stay positive and all will work out well:lol:

Hi babytreasure ,

I just want to wish you all the best , its such a thing i discussed with my mum 'if' it ever came to it , and she offered me one of her eggs and i would happily do that! , it would be the closest to me that i could get , i know the genetic history , health issues , personality traits etc .

I'd love to hear about your progress in the process x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back