Who else is having a home birth?

kacinkyesmummy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am hoping to have a home birth. I have my pack here ready etc. Just woundering if anyone else is also having one. If so how do u feel as it gets closer to d day?
Gem x

I'm having a home birth and have made lists of the lists for people involved that i need to make lol. Apart from stashing a few old sheets and towels away i'm pretty unprepared me thinks. I have read the Ina May book and the Monagan method hypnobirthing, found the first great the second a bit confusing but am practising some of the exercises i like!
Yesturday whilst in bed it finally dawned on me that in two and a half weeks (although prob closer to 7) my baby is going to be here! It hasn't really sunk in - i'm pretty laid back and although i have made preparations, with number four it doesn't really mean making lists and doing research as you've done it so many times before its like going shopping! But with a gap of almost 7 years the thought of holding a new born terrifies me as well as excites me!
Can't wait for home birth - first one for me. I'm pretty good in labour and have my cousin to help this time (OH rubbish whilst i'm in labour!) and can have my kids about me too - its going to be in my lounge as i don't want to be in bed - but aparantly i should keep an open mind as many of home babes are born with mum holding on to the banisters!
Hows your plans going? sorry for long thread - you can tell i'm getting excited now!

I would love one, but after issues with my community MW I just don't trust her, there is too much of a risk that she will be on call and that won't be good for for me DH or her...
I am gutted :(

I am having a home birth (as long as tomorrows home midwife visit goes well :) )

I cant wait, my mum will be here and we will have a doula.

I am trying to get myself together enough to think about things like what food i would like ready, what drinks i will like, which lollies in the freezer etc

I am glad we have the doula because she will burn oils etc and i am going to think about what music i might like to listen to at the time etc with Liam tonight

privacy is the name of the game for us, we dont want people bursting in all the time and will have a seperate room for the midwives so that they can just come in and help when needed or when they need to check me.

I would love one, but after issues with my community MW I just don't trust her, there is too much of a risk that she will be on call and that won't be good for for me DH or her...
I am gutted :(

you can refuse her entry and they would have to send another one
if you dont like a midwife she has no right to come into your home xx

^^ it is a safety issue, on a night they only have 2 MW covering each area... so if I refused her entry to my home I wouldn't be allowed to deliver at home and would have to transfer to hospital :(

i thought they had two midwives incase two women went into labour? i dont think their insurances says 2 have to be there, only that two have to be allocated to each house incase of an emergency somewhere else? Thats what my midwife said anyway i am sure but please dont quote me, maybe speak to AIMs xx

have just spoken to the matron of inpatient and outpatient obs about it....

well its up to you of course but i would speak to AIMs, they are really good at giving the facts in these situations and they will contact hospitals/midwives for you and fight your corner also x

Im having a hospital birth but what would happen if I was really comfortable at home and didnt want to get in the car. Would I be allowed to stay at home or do you have to prebook your homebirth?

I was told that it was easier to plan for a home birth and then go to hospital if that was what you wanted than the other way round... I would speak to you MW about you wondering about home births and see what they say as each area will work things slightly differently :flower:

Thanks Rowesb. I do want to get into the hospital but Im a bit scared of going in and being made to have procedures I dont want. And I saw the triage room on the hospital tour and felt really scared of it. Now Im not sure what to do, I suppose if I refuse to go then they cant actually come round and carry me into the hospital lol

We were decided on birth centre at hospital but now we're looking into homebirth, although it feels a little last minute!! Really up for homebirth but still makes me feel a little nervous! x

I really wanted one but hubby is really not keen!!

On the up side, the birthing suite at the hospital sounds really nice and homely so I'm happy with that x

Aww u all sound really prepared lol. I havent made any plans as such. Just been old to get couple of cheap shower curtains for the bed. However as one of you said i dont really want him in my bed haha. I have had 2 very quick labours well quick ish anyway. So have been told this one should be very speedy. But as to what i will do when it happens i havent thought lol. I am a bit optomistic (sp) about having the kids here. But really do want them here straight after, My experience in hospital both times was a terrible one so i really have avoided it this time. My partner wasnt too keen either but to be honest he didnt really have a choice lol. I have reassured him though the first sign of anything going wrong i will go straight to hospital. Think that has made him feel bit better. I too am very excited. Only 2 weeks left and counting. But i really dont think i will go that long as have a lot of signs now.
xx

I'd love to have a homebirth but had complications with lacey so their keeping a closer eye on me during labour this time! I'm so jelous of you guys!

A homebirth sounds lovely and I wish i'd have given it more thought ages ago, but i've had quite a few complications and felt initially i'd be safer at the hospital. If I ever decide to do this again though it would be my first choice I think. Good luck to al you home birth ladies, oh and Tiny that was a really good question I was wondering that too x

I'm gatecrashing from tri 2-I want a homebirth, will be seeing mw at 28 weeks to discuss with her properly and also seeing my consultant to see what he says too but all should be go for home birth x I'm so excited! I can not wait x x I recommend researching it on the net as there's loads of laws about what can and can't happen-such as if you call hospital and they say they are too busy to attend you should stick to your guns as it's illegal for a midwife to refuse to attend, also surely they must have more than two midwives on call, what would happen if 3 women were having home births? x can not wait to hear your stories ladies x x x

Im hoping for a home birth. I got talked into it slightly by the midwife at my hospital who gave me my anti D injection.

just have to have final discussion with my actual midwife next week :)

I like the idea of soft lights and candles and music etc. But obv i will go to hospital last min if anything was worrying them. Its my first baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back