I'm booked in for a home birth!

AbbyJ

Reaction score
Finally got booked in for a home birth today, can't wait now! I feel like all my anxiety is gone now I know it's going to be at home, really looking forward to it!!Is anyone else having one?

I'm booked for a home birth too.....defo the right choice for me!!

Excitin!
X

aww id really like a home birth do u have to pay?

No you don't have to pay, just have to fit the criteria x

we have to pay a percentage here and you cant do it if your landlord doest agree :(

Wow really? That's naff! I was worried I wouldn't fit the criteria as I'm 36 and have hypothyroidism, neither of which have any bearing on my ability to give birth safely at home, but they could've refused me because of it! Luckily midwife seems pretty pro home birth, and as my last baby was born in 45 mins doesn't really seem worth going to hosp..I really didn't want to have to stay in overnight, but our hosp policy is that you have to stay for 6 hrs after the birth in case of post partum heamorage, all my babies have been born in the evening so an overnight stay would've been inevitable. Much happier now I know I'lll be sleeping in my own bed after!
You're due on the 30th to aren't you? How are you feeling? I keep getting strong braxton hicks so really hoping he comes early!

Last edited:
I cant wait , I'm due the same day as you and am having brutal bh's too , I reckon the head is pretty much down too as I'm waddling and feeling real pressure now . how about you ? Gosh i'd love to be able to stay in my own bed , our hospitals policy is 24 hours after for a normal birth before going home but if I had baby at sat 2 in the morning , obviously that will mean two nights which doesnt appeal at all as I was there a week last time . xx

Wow, how come they make you stay so long? Last time I was in a ward with nearly all foreign women, nurses were in and out all night trying to make themselves understood, and not being able to understand what the women were calling for. One women kept banging on the side of the cot and tutting really loudly every time her baby made a noise, and another women had her bloke in there with her with curtains drawn talking really loudly half the night, even though men weren't allowed to stay, I had to go wandering around looking for a nurse in the end to get him asked to leave, was a nightmare!
I keep feeling pressure too, and my waddle is getting worse by the day. My next m/w app is next monday, I want to ask her to examine me internally but don't know if they will? I'm dying to know what's going on in there! Do you know what you're having? I'm having a boy!

Wow, how come they make you stay so long? Last time I was in a ward with nearly all foreign women, nurses were in and out all night trying to make themselves understood, and not being able to understand what the women were calling for. One women kept banging on the side of the cot and tutting really loudly every time her baby made a noise, and another women had her bloke in there with her with curtains drawn talking really loudly half the night, even though men weren't allowed to stay, I had to go wandering around looking for a nurse in the end to get him asked to leave, was a nightmare!
I keep feeling pressure too, and my waddle is getting worse by the day. My next m/w app is next monday, I want to ask her to examine me internally but don't know if they will? I'm dying to know what's going on in there! Do you know what you're having? I'm having a boy!
I was in three daysd befoe she was born it was really stupid I was in early labour and they wouldnt let me go home so I was stuck on an antenatal ward getting no sleep which made labour horrible , all because I had a fever due to a headcold :wall2:I had the exact same issues on my ward , one lady used to get phone calls all night long and wake the other babies m and she would try sneak her husband in so security would be in and out checking for him , but I had to stay afterwards due to a difficult delievery , i really want to be in and out as quickly as possible im dreading the hospital. I've no idea what I'm having :roll: SO excited to find out now . My next appointment is wedensday I hope she does an examination but I doubt it , I know I shouldnt be thinking like this but I just want baby out now :nap:

Lol me too!! he feels like a lump of concrete in my belly, be much nicer to see him sleeping in his crib!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back