It's all coming together-thanks those of you who helped....

Little Bump

Reaction score
...with advice etc after my panic/whinge/cry over having less than half a habitable house, a baby due very shortly and an OH who only seemed to be helping out 'mates'...

Last night it all came out of storage-all of it!!

my new carpets, lino, underlay, furniture, sofas, loads of bits I forgot I had such as the old copper kettle and warming pan, baskets, curtain poles....basically everything I bought for the house over a year ago!

OH has been working his socks off and all that needs doing is the lounge walls emulsioning, the curtain poles putting up and the curtains re-hanging.

Then next tuesday OH is removing the few bits of furniture we have in and they're coming to lay my carpets!! The lounge, hallway, stairs, landing and bedroom will be carpeted!!!

Then OH will bring my 'proper' furniture in and I can arrange things as I like!! Wednesday my Mum's laying my lino and tiling the bathroom floor and it's FINISHED!!

I can't believe that this time next week my house will be nearly done-after a year!!

So thanks everyone who offered advice on how to deal with my OH, it really worked.

Thanks PF members xxx :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: That's so exciting! I bet you can't wait to see the end result!

You'll have to post pics :D xx

glad your finally 'getting out the bit'

want to see piccys once its all done!!!

and dont you go dong too much now!! :shakehead:

Wow, you are getting to nest on a grand scale! Lucky you, must be so satisfying! I just used to scrub the floors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back