Where is my scan appointment?

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wondering, im 11 wks and ive not had my scan date come through yet :sad: I know it may not be until the wk after, but i thought id have had my appointment by now. Should I ring my midwife or am I being impatient?
xx

How long has it been since your midwife appointment? If it's been several weeks then yeah I'd give her a ring to check

i got my letter when i was 11 weeks and had my appointment when i was 12+4 so it might still come but its wont do any harm to give your midwife a ring, i know how much you must wait for that letter!

I haven't had mine yet either. I rang the midwife and she contacted the hospital and she said I should get something this week in the post- here's hoping!

its absolutly amazing.. i wish it was closer to my next one..

I agree with the girls, If it's been a while since booking in, then yes I would chase up just to be sure

Sorry for my late reply. Has my midwife appoint nearly 4 weeks ago now. I rang anyway and she said yours PamMc that she rang the hos and i should get it this week. Wish it would hurry up. Thanks Isobel 84, hopefully it wont be long now then? hehe xx

Definitely ring them to chase it up as it turns out the hospital have lost my notes TWICE! I'm hopefully getting mine next week. Fingers crossed

Im getting really fed up and upset now. I just want my scan or the appointment at least. Its lovely almost reaching 12 wks and I so want the scan. Feeling really sorry for myself. The letter still hasnt come and i'll have to ring the MW tomorrow and ask AGAIN!!! Why cant people just do their jobs properly? PamMC hope you get yours soon then xx

My Dr referred me last week, I chased it up today :lol: It got me nowhere but I did find out I was being sent to the wrong hospital and consultant so I got that changed :D

I'd chase it yourself in the morning hun

Yeah I definately will, its getting beyound a joke! I know some people dont go until they are 13wk, just thought id have had the appointment by now. I mean I have to get time off work too! x

Try ringing the hospital before ringing the midwife, if they havent booked it see if you can book it over the phone. Hope you get it sorted asap!

I understand your angst! I had my first MW appt at 5wks, at 11wks I got fed up of waiting and rang the midwifes section of the hospital directly and asked for the date as I had to book time off work. It wasn't just that, it's an exciting time and you want to know when it will be! :shock: She rang me back after checking with the scanning department and told me my appt date/time. The letter came about 3 days later by but I am glad I rang up, I was so relieved to have a date... even if it's not till I am 13+6 :whistle::wall2:

Well I finally got my date today after ringing up. Its on 17th May. I'll be 14 wk and 3 days. So much for seeing your baby in the first trimester. I feel really down about it. They also said it will be too late to have the downs syndrome screening! Obviously the mw didnt pass on my details or the hos didnt do anything with them. Feel guilty feeling like this, Im so pleased im preg and im thankful for that, but its doesnt seem real, their could be something seriously wrong and every wk I wait its getting worse. Sorry needed to rant! xx

I completely agree twinkle it's frustrating isn't it! They don't seem to understand how important it is to us mums-to-be! The only thing that keeps me going (apart from counting down the days) is listening to babys heartbeat using my doppler once a week! Hope the time goes quickly for you!! :roll:

Last edited:
Thanks Natasha, ive decided to buy one of those today! x

Glad you got your appointment hun :hug:

best of luck finging littlun's heartbeat, it's such a good feeling when u do! x

Thanks! Ive actually been ringing and ringing today, as they say its too late for me to have the downs screening on the 17th. Anyway they got me an appointment for a wk today 11th May. Cannot wait! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back