When to tell work?

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering when you were going to tell your work you are pregnant??

xx

Well, I'm still on maternity leave! I go back on 3rd Jan and I won't tell my boss until after 12 week scan.

I work in construction so with the risks that I am potentially exposed to I told mine straight away.

There is a risk telling early, but I guess if you do decide to tell then they will know if you aren't being your usual self some days :)

I told my boss as soon as I found out 5 weeks pregnant but that was because I couldnt hide the fact I couldnt work for more than 15 mins without running out to though up. you dont have to say anything until 25 weeks but it depends on what sort of job you do if you are lifting heavy things then you should maybe tell them earlier so you can be given lighter duties or if you struggle with sickness like me you may struggle to hide it. the earlier you tell them the earlier they can risk assess you and modify any jobs that could cause harm to you or the baby :) xx

im nearly 14 weeks and havent told work yet but am planning on doing so next week when im back at work so when i give them my materbity leave form its not a shock, plus im sure ivbe been doing things i shouldnt have at work x

I'm personally going to wait until I'm past the 12 week mark. I've miscarried before, so I don't want all my colleagues knowing if something bad happens (my workplace is VERY gossipy). I spose it depends on what you do? I work in care, and am on bank staff so luckily I can chose what I do to reduce any risks.

I have informed my work already but thought i ought to due to the nature of the work that i do. I have 2 supervisors and a manager. I have told my manager but not the supervisors. My manager is just gonna tell the supervisors to honor my decision if i say theres something i cant do but not tell them why.

XX

Depends on what you do and how you are feeling

FirstBabyEek - I also work in Contruction so had to fess up straight away to avoid having to do anything i shouldn't be doing!!

I told my boss at 8 weeks to avoid having to jobs I shouldn't, but everyone else at 12 weeks. Nearly killed me to keep my mouth shut!!

I had to tell work straight away due to the nature of my job and so I could have a risk assessment. I think it's sensible to tell your manager, as long as they bear in mind confidentiality! x

I told my manager at 4 weeks, due to being asked if I was trying after my mmc earlier this year. I was excited first time and told work at 6 weeks and everyone talks! But although my manager knows it hasn't been made official at work yet as I haven't been in work since I was 6 weeks due to hyperemesis garvaridum. I think about 3 people at work know, as one manager saw be rather ill when I tried to return to work and the payroll officer knows as I handed in yet another sick note for sickness and she was suspicious! Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back