when to tell work?

jrm06

Reaction score
Hey ladies.
was just wondering when is the best time to tell work about the pregnancy? I am going to wait until afyer the first scan? I'm 20 and i know everyone will probably think im too young at work, i know i shouldnt worry about what people think as im very happy but have that little doubt that people will talk. just having a down day i think!! :(

Hey ladies.
was just wondering when is the best time to tell work about the pregnancy? I am going to wait until afyer the first scan? I'm 20 and i know everyone will probably think im too young at work, i know i shouldnt worry about what people think as im very happy but have that little doubt that people will talk. just having a down day i think!! :(
It s up 2 you when you tell work ..but depends what ur job is ?dont worry 20 is not 2 younge :)

Hey Hun, I report into two people, one of my managers already is aware but I get on with him really well. My other manager will be told after our 12 week scan next Thursday. It is a completely peosonal decision so do whatever you feel is right.

As for people thinking you are too young, I feel the same I am 24 but everyone I know with children have waited until there 30's....don't let anyone get in the way of youur happiness xx

I am a carer for people with learning disablities. i get on with my manager but everyone can be so bitchy!
I am 7 weeks 1 day :)
Thank you :) x

if u get on with ur manger maybe u could just tell her

My husband used to be a carer for people with mental health issues, and he often had to restrain people. If your having to do the same, I'd suggest telling ur manager at least, so as if something happens and ud rather not get in the middle of an altercation to restrain someone, ur manager will already know ur reason why.

As for people thinking ur too young, ur not asking them to have the baby, so its none of their business. If ur happy, that's all that matters x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I am a carer for people with learning disablities. i get on with my manager but everyone can be so bitchy!
I am 7 weeks 1 day :)
Thank you :) x

Firstly congratulations! and secondly if u think ur work poses any kind of risk to u or the LO then u should tell work ASAP although it's a personal decision, I've only started my new job this week however I informed my workplace last week as I don't want to be taking any risks... my manager has been very lovely considering I've only been there 3 days lol

as far as ur age goes, ur not to young.. people will be people and will ALWAYS talk rubbish lol take it with a pinch of salt! u just be happy that u've been blessed with a LO xx

Yes if your work poses any sort of risk, then your direct manager needs to be aware of it. If it's anything like my work then a risk assessment will need to be done so that you and your baby aren't put to any unnecessary risk.

Oh and congratulations :)

Thank you everyone :)
I dont have to restrain anyone thankfuly!
Im going to wait till after the scan so i know everything is ok!
Feel much better now. thank you :) x

I had to tell my Boss around 8 weeks because i had really bad sickness, i work with children but we have a lot of 'challenging' children who need to be restrained and they can be pretty strong so i decided it was best to tell them, because of this i had to tell my colleagues so they knew icouldn't restrain. I'm only 20 to and was worried about what everyone would think, actually everyones been lovely about it not had any 'but your so young' speeches other than off the OH's parents lol!...

Its really up to you whenever you think it feels right!

i told my work when i was 14 weeks even though i really shoudl have earlier but it was a new job and dint want to be judged and all that. I working in operating theatres so there were some risks x

I told uni today, and I'm 9 weeks. I told them now as I'm a student nurse, so have to give good notice about maternity uniform, risk assessment for me being on placement and while I'm at uni, and my maternity leave. I thought my tutor would be really arsy, but he's a really nice guy and was so nice about it all. I told him I wanted as little time off as possible, and he was telling me about how my maternal side would kick in once LO is here, and would probably never want to leave them lol. He's being dead supportive though :) x

I'm in sixth form doing my A Levels ATM and I'm only six weeks gone. Is it wise to tell them once I have my first scan? Or before?

I'm in sixth form doing my A Levels ATM and I'm only six weeks gone. Is it wise to tell them once I have my first scan? Or before?

I think its upto you really, but if you end up having time off because of sickness etc, i think it would be good to at least tell your head of sixth or tutor, so they understand why your absent and dont get on your case about it.

I've told my manager and im only 5 weeks, but I work in the community and have to carry equipment, do rapid responses on my own and see people that could possibly have infections - so thought it would be the best idea. As someone else has said your work place needs to do a risk assessment, especially if your a carer.

Congrats on the pregnancy by the way, and I know we all worry what other people think but really its none of anyone else's business, and if you are excited and happy about it thats all that matters.

Kim xx

Im seeing the midwife on friday so am going to tell them in the next 2 weeks.
Very happy and excited :)
thanks xx

I'm going to tell my female head of sixth form tomorrow and then tell teachers and stuff once I've had my scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back