• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When to stop sterilising?

Miracle babe

Reaction score
I know we've discussed this before but was wondering when everyone thought was the right time to stop? I'm sort of weening Rowan off. Have stopped sterilising dummies, spoons etc and am now pulling teets through with clean hands but am still sterilising bottles.
I cant help feeling that just stopping all at once is more of a shock to their immune system than if you gradually ease it off. :think:
Does anyone agree with me or do you want to knock my block off - anyone up for a fight? :cheer:

I stopped doing bottles at 12 months but things like spoons, bowls etc I never used to do to be honest. I was just bothered about bacteria in milk.

Yikes, I stopped doing the bottles at 6 months. I just didnt see the point, everything is going in his mouth and it just seems like a pointless task.

with Dior i stopped at 12months with Harley he was having ap water and i was not sterilizing when he was 5months

I'm going to sterilize bottles until gabs is 12 months, like stangeness I am worried about the bacteria from the milk.

I don't sterilise anything else though. :D

im still doin everythin of Jams now, i hate germs and im weird but ill prob stop when hes 1 lol :lol:

I still sterilise bottles and dummies which I will carry on doing until Jake is 1. I don't sterilise spoons or bowls. I am not really over the top as if Jake is screaming and I havn't got a sterilised a bottle I will use one that I have just washed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back