When to go to the doctor question...

Hunnie

Reaction score
Im very much one of those people that will only go to the doctor if Im on deaths door. Its made me wonder though recently what do I do with Sophie?

Of course if she was really really poorly then she would be at the doctors straight away and Ive already taken her once when I thought her stump was infected but wasnt, was just going through the normal process of falling off and smelling yuk! At the minute shes got a bit of a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough but nothing that sounds really chesty. She doesnt seem off and his happy in herself and as smiley as ever but am I a bad mum for letting nature take its course and her immune system fight it off for her as she is strong enough or do I take her to the doctors for a second check?

I don't think your a bad mum at all. If she is happy then let nature take its course but if anything changes then you know you will go.

E got a cold at 4 weeks and I only took her to the drs when she was sneezing and there was blood plus she woke up a couple of mornings with dried blood on her nose. After the 3rd day of it I took her as was certain she had a nose infection (was right). If that had not happened I would have not taken her with just a cold.

I work for the NHS in the out of hours GP service and we see lots of children being brought in with cold symptoms as there is nothing that can be done.

Of course it doesn't make u bad mum! Your instincts will tell you when you need to take her! You know best xx

Im exactly like you, you know its a cold, you know what to look for to make sure lo isnt in danger and you know docs cant do anything so why waste there time. Dont worry you will take lo to docs when you need.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Well she's just woken up after snuffling around for ages and her nose sounds so stuffy bless her :( tried the salt water and we got a few bogies out but she's still a bit snuffily :( I'll have a look in boots tomorrow.
We are at the docs on Monday for jabs anyway x

Get urself a room plug in and calpol nose spray. I'm like you, I refuse to be one of those mums that clogs the doctors up with every sniffle. My OH panics sometimes (when Tyler cries!) saying he needs to go doctors but I've had to tell him I've pretty much spent every second of his life with him, I'll know when he needs to go iykwim?

We have a bogey sucker :)x) as I just cannot bear snot or mucus and I'm certainly not sticking my finger up his nose his nostrils are tiny! You can get them in mothercare

Hope her cold clears up soon. On the plus side I have been told that plenty of colds in the first year significantly reduces their risk of asthma xxxxxxx

She's a lot better this morning and I propped her crib mattress up before she went back to bed and it seems to have done its job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back