When to get maternity clothes?

Summergurl

Reaction score
Currently 9+6 and today I feel huge. My work trousers when I put them on this morning were so tight I've had to bite the bullet and order maternity ones.

I feel as though I have tempted fate but can no longer wear these trousers.

I've not had many symptoms just tiredness and sensitive nipples so I can't help feel like I'm tempting fate by getting them already!!

I know it's just bloat as I'm still early days but it's so uncomfortable.

When did you all start getting maternity clothes?

I don't blame you, you don't want to be uncomfortable! TBH I've already ordered some dresses as they were in the sale. I personally don't believe in tempting fate so just went for it. X

you can also try the hair bobble trick if you wear long tops & jumpers, it works well for a bit to get more use out of your normal clothes :)

There's a great invention that my friend as got, it's a belly belt.
Basically it hooks on to your buttons and grows with bump so can wear pants for longer.
Mothercare sell them for about £14, my friend swears it! Xx

I shall be investing in maternity jeans and trousers in the next week or so xx

I'll be buying soon, I usually wear leggings but although they baggy round the legs they're getting uncomfortabley tight around the belly

Buy now, get ya moneys worth :p I started early in the first trimester but I had a bump at 9 weeks. They're so much more comfortable than normal clothes. I've not worn a pair of jeans (or button up trousers) for 5 years lol!

I had leggings from really early on and have lived in them! I was able to wear a lot of my longer.tunic tops for the first 2 tri before having to go to mat clothes. I have so far managed with 2 pairs of leggings, 1 pair of jeans and about 7 tops!

Asos sell a amazing maternity leggings

I'll be having a mooch then later ladies.
I guess your right fp, it is what it is you can't tempt fate!

I'm off to NYC & when I go I'll be 15 weeks so I want ultimate comfort for then!

You might be able to still catch the sales- I got 6 mat dresses for £100 between asos and asda george x

I first wore maternity jeans at 22 wks but everyone's different - if its your second pregnancy or more i think u get lots less notice and it just pops out xx

I've just ordered two lovely maternity dresses and I'm only 12 weeks 2 days (had my dating scan).

My friend told me about Isabelle Oliver and I just went to have a look and they have a 60% sales with an additional 20% off at checkout! I couldn't resist! I don't need them yet, but I'm researching other cheaper items that when I need them I can buy them.

I bought a bundle from New Look in the NY sales. I'm currently in the awkward stage apparently, where nothing normal fits but all the maternity stuff is too big!

Gap is amazing so comfy and often good sales on

I never stopped wearing maternity clothes from my second pregnancy. Lol

They are really cute and comfortable, though.

I bought I load of stuff in the sales as well, over the bump stuff and dresses for later on but the under the bump stuff is fine for now and much more comfy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back