Clothes

Helen

Reaction score
My clothes are getting pretty tight already and I'm going around with the buttons undone on my trousers. Keep having to hitch the fly up! :oops: I've tried some maternity trousers on today but they are too big. I need some smart pre-maternity, maternity clothes.

Any suggestions where to look?

H

xx

Maybe you could buy the next size or two sizes up hun? If you need them, they'll be useful for after having the babies as well.

Hi , im still walking around with my button undone, but i have a little trick! put a hair band around the button and through the hole . it keeps ur trousers up and no one can tell. Im a funny shape and maternity clothes are just a no no.x

i'm so glad you said that, cos my clothes are feeling tight too, but I thought it was too early for that and maybe it was just too many mcflurry's!!!!

if you find elasticated mat clothes they tend to be more versatile at the beginning phase.

I live in the States but there must be an equivalent in the UK too! A lady in a maternity store suggested this thing called a Maternity sleeve (or something like that). It's like a boob tube, gently elasticated at the top and bottom and made from lycra. You wear one end over the top of your trousers which means you can undo the top button so your trousers don't fall down and it keeps the button lying flat. You just pull the top over your stomach and it's really comfortable.

It cost about $15! And it means you can get an extra couple of weeks/a month out of your regular trousers!

no wonder you can't do your button up, you're baking two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali K said:
I live in the States but there must be an equivalent in the UK too! A lady in a maternity store suggested this thing called a Maternity sleeve (or something like that). It's like a boob tube, gently elasticated at the top and bottom and made from lycra. You wear one end over the top of your trousers which means you can undo the top button so your trousers don't fall down and it keeps the button lying flat. You just pull the top over your stomach and it's really comfortable.

It cost about $15! And it means you can get an extra couple of weeks/a month out of your regular trousers!

I've seen these on Ebay, a belly band.

A trick to stop your flies coming down too......put a safety pin through under the actual zip bit...it stops it slipping down!! Can I tell I did this?!?!?

Get some under bump maternity trousers, they are great from the early stages when clothes start getting a bot tight, and will expand with you....very comfy!! I have worn my under bump jeans since week 8!!

Got a great pair from M&S...around £35 and worth every penny, as I have worn them so much already, and they have still got plenty of room to expand too!

I can't find any maternity clothes in any of my local M&S stores. :?

I went to a big one in Chester...although as I remember now there was only 2/3 rails of maternity....hmmm!

Its a bit crap isn't it?! We have a huge NEXT thats just opened nearby, and not a single item of maternity!

I've bought my other maternity items on t'internet....ebay's a good one!

helen,
I found Next under bump jeans to be quite good for early pregnancy and just after the birth. They didnt fare so well once the bump got going though and after your current news I think yours is going to get a bit bogger faster.

Sorry, I'm so dumb! What are under bump clothes and where do you find them?

Underbump, Im not sure how to describe them. They are just the same as normal jeans only they are a bit elasticated at the sides so as your tummy thickens there is more room but once a bump appears they sits underneath. I personally like my jeans/trousers on or over my bump like the big stretchy panel onesbut these were good for early on when I was bigger than normal but with no bump. I got most of mine from Next or H&M Mama. (they were off ebay but that was the makers).

Underbump - ealry pregnancy
Stretchy panels - for most of the pg
On the bump - for the last few weeks when nothing fits..

That was how things went for me.

Hi Helen

OMG - I've just seen you're having twins - I haven't been around much for the last couple of weeks - congratulations!!!

Last time I got some trousers from Tescos in a size larger for first few months - they were low - round the hips rather than waist so made them comfortable to wear.

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back