Maternity Clothes

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
Where have you girls got your maternity clothes from?

I have a pair of jeans, cropped trousers, work trousers and one top (everything else i wear is my normal clothes!) but my normal clothes are getting way too tight for me now - i just cant find any tops though!!!!

I am fussy about my clothes, and because i get way too hot throughout the day (did even before getting PG but now its worse!) i only like to wear vest tops - but i cant seem to find ANY in maternity, or just some long vest tops.

any idea's ladies??

I didn't want to spend a fortune on stuff I would hardly wear.

I got a great pair of jeans from Debenhams, plus some really comfy combats, then bought work trousers from Peacocks which were £10 per pair and wore them with long tops from general high street or 'smock' tops.

I couldn't find much out there TBH, and ended up looking on ebay where there is tonnes of stuff, but being tall I found things still didn't quite stretch to the bottom of my bump in later months.

Ooh I also bought some very light flowy tops from Primark that were meant to go over a bikini but work really well with a vest underneath, also from Primark.

New Look have a fab maternity range. I bought a pair of maternity jeans which were perfect for £12! I didn't like TopShop stuff so much- plus it was really pricey.

With t-shirts I just bought the size up in primark and layered a couple of vests etc.

Hi Leanne

New look have got a few vest tops in. I got some recently in White, Black and Pink.

I also got two 'dressy' type vest tops from there too.

Must say the shops are pretty poor with their stock of maternity clothes.

xxxxxx

I got long vest tops from primark - just cheap ones but they do the job at the moment.
Ive got a couple of mothercare short sleeve tops which were in the sale, and some H&M trousers, and the other things I have are from ebay (from New Look, South and various other random places).

The local shops dont stock the maternity ranges but there is plenty of stuff online.

Ive got a pair of strtechy black work trousers i got of a PF member.

Two pairs of next jeans, but im really wishing i had bought over the bump as bubs hates my belt.
And a couple of tops but they are fitted under the bust and getting a bit tight.

Think ill see if Asda has any tunic type tops to do me

I got most of mine from new look & a couple of things from Dorothy Perkins. There is not much out there though.

I have bought a couple of pairs of jeans off ebay, which were in excellent condition (and hard to find as I need extra long leg).

If you want new Next do quite a nice range in their catalogue (or on-line), and I have also bought lots of tops from Matalan - gone for size 14 or 16 (I was a 12 before), and make sure they are long enough to cover the bump! Most of their tops are £3 or £4 which means it doesnt matter if they only get a few months wear!

I have actually been in maternity jeans since 9 weeks as my other jeans wouldnt fit due to bloating!

DP, New Look and Mothercare also do maternity wear but the range is pretty small in most of the shops I have tried.....I prefer using ebay!

Dorothy Perkins and New Look both have some lovely maternity stuff and not expensive. DP do maternity vest tops with ruffled elasticated sides to allow for bump expansion! H+M have some good value maternity clothes too.

S x

Unless you are off out somewhere special or want to get out with mates invest in a few pairs of leggings and some very long vest tops (in ur normal size, go to primark.

Summer was good for me because of the dresses i wore, now NOTHING fits, no jeans are comfy tops ride up bump, but leggings and vest tops are FANTASTIC!!!

You can also accesorize them with lush jewellery and pretty pumps when ur off out...

I just say that because bending in reg clothes became horrible for me.

Also i wear these:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/lingerie/31/7

I know its pjs but i wear it around the house because u can get away with it not looking too nightiesh if u have to open the door... and they make ur boobies look lush lmao!! :rotfl:

x

i have got quite a few bits from Next directory.

Also maternity jeans from Next

H & M do some good vest tops I think.

Got normal smock type tops from sainsburys, about £3!!

otherwise struggling every day to work out what to wear at work. Maternity stuff too big at mo but normal clothes too tight.

Snooky said:
Maternity stuff too big at mo but normal clothes too tight.

Yep, i have found this!!!

the maternity clothes i DO have, the trousers and cropped trousers are too big for me. I got them from Dorothy Perkins and the work trousers are a size 10 (which is the size i was pre-pregnancy!) and the cropped trousers a size 8!!! but STILL they fall down and i have to keep pulling them up all the time - i tried an 8 in the work trous but they were sooo small!! grrrrrr

new looks maternity range and some mothercare stuff.

got most of mine in the sale, jeans were only £10 in sale :D

I got a lot of my clothes from Peacocks... jeans, joggers & t-shirts. Got other bits from next & mothercare sales (only bought stuff not in sale if i REALLY wanted it!). Mum bought me 2 tops from h&m but that was all i could find in there... the trouble being busty & preggers. If i wanted any other tops i went to matalan & just kept going up in size until i found a top that fit. I get the most nice comments about a hooded dark blue t-shirt from there & it was only cheap & size 16 or 18 rather than my usual 12, although think i will be bigger than that once baby arrives as ive been loving ben & jerrys etc :lol:

My saviour has been £3 leggings from primark, I can not reccommend leggings enough! Luckily I have a lot of babydoll and shift dresses with give in them and I have just teamed these with Leggings to compensate for the fact they are shorter with my belly.

I go to court to represent clients as part of my job and have even wore leggings and dress combo for that!!

I had a pair of maternity boyfriend jeans from next but in the summer they have been too hot and I have some white linen trousers from new look maternity but find they get filthy so not the best buy. Our H&M was disappointing but I got two smock type tops from there...Bump bands did me for a short while too but were no good after winter season as too hot round the middle.

I only got a pair of jeans from Next (ebay but they were like new for £10!) the rest of my tops still fit because I never really wore much tight stuff anyways hehe most of it was all too big for me also my baggy jeans and stuff still fit lol! I had a couple of vest tops from Dorothy Perkins and they still go over my bump even now its grown so maybe some from there would fit you I cant remember your bump being very big either?

I can't fit into normal jeans anymore and I don't like the maternity ones, I'm a bit fussy like that! So I've been wearing leggings and long tops. And on days when I feel lazy I just put on a pair of trackies! Recommend all the shops the other girls mentioned!

Got mine from Dorothy Prekins (on sale) and Peacocks!

Not all the tops I got are maternity just normal tops... mid length sleeves.... very good!!

DP online have a sale too :eek:

The Red Herring part of Debenhams sells maternity vests and jeans and some tops. Not a huge variety but not expensive either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back