When to buy a pram???

littleem

Reaction score
I am just wondering have people already bought their prams or are they waiting. I am 27 weeks pregnant today and i have seen a nice pram but i worry about buying it too soon.??

I think lots of ladies have bought already by 27 weeks.

I'm holding off as I don't want it too soon and for the guarantee to be shortlived because I bought it so early before using it. The one I want is 6 month warranty, but that as I understand it is from date of purchase on the receipt. Hence me holding off as long as I can.

I won't get a saving buying it early either as its a Jane and nowhere seems to put those into their sale sections :roll:

It depends what you want to do. If its a popular brand or some such, chances are it'll still be there in 8 weeks, but if you are happy to get it now and possibly lose out on the warranty then go for it.

Well theirs a sale on at the mamas and papas shop you see thats why i'm thinking but originally wasnt gonna buy untill 30weeks ish. so might look around, not sure, but then again i dont wannaa miss out

I bought mine at about 18 weeks :D

I was putting it together and my husband came in and said "Isn't it a bit early to be getting that ready"

The following weekend he went to the boat show and came back telling me he had bought a Laser 2000 (dinghy) for our children to sail. (This one growing in me now is our first) Go figure! I have decided men have funny brains.

aww! thats really sweet of your hubby becs :D

I bought the pram at 18 weeks. It's a Jane and a shop on ebay was selling a brand new package with the Slalom, Matrix, Cosytoe, raincover and changing bag for almost £300 less than they cost to buy seperately in mothercare.
Glad I got it when I did as I've not seen it as cheap anywhere since

About guarantee's....I bought my pram in Mothercare and as I am not due till May, they started the guarantee from then.

Dont know about any other shops.

Jue

I bought mine when i was 15 weeks! it was just too great a bargain lol

Its in MILs attic now

I got mine at just after 21 weeks as i was really excited after our scan and i'd found the perfect one!!
I hadn't even looked at a guarantee.lol

I bought mine when it was in the sale in babies r us.I think its down to personal preference when you buy it and how suspicious you are :D

I havent brought one yet, I cant find one I like! :lol: Ort if I like it it weighs a ton and Im like Polly Pocket so I cant really lug a huge pram everywhere :roll:

We have ours on order and will be picking it up next week but my Mum (who bought it) is very superstitious and will be keeping it at hers until the baby is born..which I don't really mind cause it's one less thing to trip over in our flat. We are getting it from an independant trader, and the guarentee starts the day baby is born which is a great deal.

i have seen the pram i want and we will be getting it in march, im due in may, altho if i saw it as an absolute bargain sumwhere i wudnt hav a problem buyin it now

jue said:
About guarantee's....I bought my pram in Mothercare and as I am not due till May, they started the guarantee from then.

Dont know about any other shops.

Jue

Nice that Mothercare and other shops do that, but alas the pram/buggy we want is too pricey to buy from Mothercare. Its over £100 more from Mothercare, hence us buying from an online store. And their policy states the warranty runs from when you purchase.

weve found the one we want but wont be buying it till last thing possible once hes born :)
manda xx

I bought mine a week or two ago for two reasons. One - having finally found one I liked ina colour that I liked I was geting really worried that it would suddenly be discontinued and I wouldn't be able to get it and would always regret not buying earlier. Two - I had discount codes for Mothercare so I got £30 off the pushchair and carseat.
If you're worried about buying soon then don't. There's no need to buy soon, I just really wanted to! :D

havent found one I like yet or I would have done - going to have to get a move on though as my blood pressure goes up around 30 weeks and I end up housebound (or in hospital if I am naughtyy :lol:) so dont want to risk leaving it too late

Isnt it ment to be bad luck to buy a pram and keep it in your house before the babys born?

Or is that just me? :oops:

lfc_sarah said:
Isnt it ment to be bad luck to buy a pram and keep it in your house before the babys born?

Or is that just me? :oops:

Its an old wives tale but my pram is at my MIL as my mum wont let me have it in the house till baby is born. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back