when should I make a start on my hospital bag ?

KirstyR

Reaction score
Its probably too early yet but im not sure when to make a start on my hospital bag ? Iv got an idea of what goes in it ? (seen some threads on here)

Any advice or tips would be great ? im guesing il need a big bag right ?

xxxxxxx

How far on are you? Bear in mind they can come early. Lol.

My main tip would be spectate bags, I had 3, one for labour (although I didn't have time to open it) one for me, and one for baby, makes it do much easier to find things especially if someone else has to find the things for you. Xxx

I had mine packed by 32 weeks.
My biggest tip is don't overpack! Someone told me to think carefully about what I put in as they didn't use half of theirs.
You get told to take magazines, books etc, but 99% of women don't touch them!
I started off packing pretty much my entire wardrobe, but have slowly whittled it down to just a few items of clothes.
Ring your delivery suite and ask them what they supply too as theres no point packing something thats already there. Every suite is different.
X

oh i forgot to mention im 29+ 2, so rather then 1 big one, its better to have smaller ones ? one for me and one for baby, makes perfect sense :)

Thanks ! xx

I had mine packed by 32 weeks.
My biggest tip is don't overpack! Someone told me to think carefully about what I put in as they didn't use half of theirs.
You get told to take magazines, books etc, but 99% of women don't touch them!
I started off packing pretty much my entire wardrobe, but have slowly whittled it down to just a few items of clothes.
Ring your delivery suite and ask them what they supply too as theres no point packing something thats already there. Every suite is different.
X

I dont even no where to start lol ! xx

I would start ASAP!!! I kept putting mine off,, think I was in some sort of denial until about 3 weeks ago.
I've 2 days to go until I'm induced now and its still not complete!! I still need a trip to boots yet to get odds and sods!!! And I still keep putting it off with this fabio weather we're having!! Maybe tomorrow.... xx

I would start ASAP!!! I kept putting mine off,, think I was in some sort of denial until about 3 weeks ago.
I've 2 days to go until I'm induced now and its still not complete!! I still need a trip to boots yet to get odds and sods!!! And I still keep putting it off with this fabio weather we're having!! Maybe tomorrow.... xx

i think il make a start weekend. Hope the weather stays nice though ! dont want to be running around in the rain :(

Thank you hun xxx and good luck with getting finished :)

Its never too early to start.
A friend of mine had her baby at 24+4 and wasn't prepared in the slightest!
X

Its never too early to start.
A friend of mine had her baby at 24+4 and wasn't prepared in the slightest!
X

Im definately starting this weekend :) i hope your friends LO was ok ?

Thank you xxx

Shes 6 weeks old now and still in intensive care. Shes had heart operations and all sorts, but the prognosis looks good.
She was just 2lbs 11oz when born!
X

Shes 6 weeks old now and still in intensive care. Shes had heart operations and all sorts, but the prognosis looks good.
She was just 2lbs 11oz when born!
X

aw bless, bet shes tiny ! :( sounds like a fighter though :)

Thanks for your advice xxx

I haven't finished packing mine yet!
I've got all babies things packed but its mine I'm strugging with, I have limited clothes that actually fit now so if I pack some of them I'll really have nothing left!
I'm pretty laid back about it all, I think once things get started I'll prob have time to throw some clothes in and if not hubby will just have to come home and get me some!

I've got the hospital bag in the car, have done since about 31 weeks. I've got a bag packed for my stuff that's in the bedroom so I can raid it for clothes if I need to. It's a dodgy time of year, one minute hot the next it's colder than a penguins chuff

i was thinking when to start, might start packing babys tonight.
as for mine, i dont have much that fits me so gonna have to be a last min thing really for clothes.

I've started mine - got my labour bag about finished. Got another bag with all baby stuff in but havent got much of mine in yet. But at least if anything happens ive got the essentials. Need to get shopping but just dont have the motivation atm x

He he!!! I only started mine at the weekend and it's till lying half finished at the end of the bed!! Hope I have a nice slow early stage of labour so I can finish it off!! lol Baby's is done though, but it's so difficult trying to pack a case for something you don't know the gender or size of...

I've just got one bag that has.....

for baby
3 babygrows
3 vests
2 bibs
2 pairs of socks
2 mitts
Cardigan
bottle
dummy
formula
nappies