When are you coming off the pill?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
I will be stopping about 6 months before we want to TTC.

The first 3 months of which I'll be very careful about not getting pregnant, as I want it all out of my system completely, which I've read takes 3 months, although in my past experience I've been back to normal after 2. I am on a new pill now though, so knowing my luck it'll take ages with this one as I'll be wanting to stop for a good reason!

Also - do you go talk to your GP when you are planning coming off of it? Or just stop and then visit them again when you are expecting?

I recommend talking with your doc before coming off the pill. When I came off of the pill I ended up hospitalized because my body had a bad reaction. Obviously that doesn't happen to everyone, and most people are fine to stop it on there own. That's just my recommendation from personal experience.

I spoke to my gp too. Came off mine in jan and still no af yet so it may take longer than u think x

Wow, thanks for the heads up ladies. :)

I will take my last pill on the last day of our honeymoon, so will go and see the GP once I'm back just to let them know that's what I'm doing.

I know there's a test the recommend you take, too, isn't there?

Hi I came off the pill recently and started ttc straight away as I spoke to the family planning clinic nurse about this and she said there is no reason not too (nothing from the pill would harm a baby if you got pregnant straight away) - the only difference it makes is in working out your dates if you do fall pregnant which can be harder if you haven't had regular cycles. I had a 30 day cycle so didn't take my body long (although could change next month I suppose) and I was on the pill for more than 10 years. The test that they suggest is a blood test to make sure you are vaccinated against ruebella x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back