When does morning sickness stop?

Emma58

Reaction score
I've finally reached 12 week mark today and I have felt so sick all day.
I spent half an hour this morning with my head down the loo wondering if I'd get out of the door to work.

I've spent all day at work feeling like I'm gonna :puke: and had tummy ache on and off and i am so tired. Today was my first day back after having over a week off with a cold and I don't know how I've managed it. I'm not even sure I will be able to manage tomorrow. I can't believe I feel so rubbish I thought my symptoms were beginning to ease off. Now they seem to be back with a vengeance

I want to know this too. It seems to only get worse, doesn't it?

it all depends really and varies a lot from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. when i was pg with ellie i was sick untill 30 weeks. this time around it ended almost two weeks ago. It may come back, ive no idea i just have to make the most of feeling ok.

as a guide your told it generally eases at around 11/12 weeks though

Two weeks ago I had to go to hospital as I couldn't stop being sick. He told me that it should ease off by week 14-16 (approx). Apparently it's supposed to get better when the placenta has completely formed and taken over. Don't quote me on this, but that's what my doctor told me.

My sickness has now eased off big time which is a huge relief. It's a horrible feeling isn't it hun and takes all the fun out of pregnancy. It did for me anyway!

Hope you feel better soon and try to eat a little somthing when you feel sick, it might settle you a little, that 'occasionally' worked for me.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

yep agree with ST

this pregnancy it stopped at about 7/8 weeks whereas with Evie i didnt get it until 7 weeks and it continued up until about 14 weeks.

I can't even be bothered to make tea or get a shower I just want to sleep.
All I seem to do nowadays is complain. :x

My OH is getting fed up of me flying off the handle at the silliest things now last night I threw a tantrum because our hoover is knackered and after I had finished vacuuming it dropped all the bits back on the floor. I was like a woman possessed :evil:

Whats wrong with me????

Your pregnant, very hormonal and yep, very normal sweetie :hug:

My morning sickness kinda wore off for a bit, but has come back over the last week with a vengence. I feel like I am back at week 6 :?

mine was gone by 10 weeks but some are unfortunate and suffer all the way thru! ginger biscuits are the way... :hug:

The 'normal' time for it to ease is 10-12 weeks but every pregnancy is different and it really does vary from woman to woman. Im afraid to say im nearly 26 weeks pregnant and still suffering but hopefully that wont be the case for you and it will ease in the next few weeks.

Try ginger as trixipaws said, sea sickness bands help some people, eat little and often - dont let yourself get hungry as that makes u feel sick, try to stick to plain foods, avoid strong smells.... there are lots of things to try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back