When do you stop getting lines on an OPK?

Olive

Reaction score
When I got my last BFP I found out by taking an OPK. It was late on however. Not like now.

I'm not ttc atm at all but OH and I dtd last week and I didn't realise it was around ovulation :roll: Heat of the moment thing (rare for us lol). Anyway, I'm only about 5dpo so not even possible to know yet, but my friend has been teasing me (yes you laura ;) lol) and I just did an OPK. There is a faint line.

Now the rational side of me is saying, there probably would still be a line at this point if I ovulated last week. Plus, my app might be wrong and I might have ovulated later than it said.

The irrational side of me is thinking, feck what if.

It took us 9 months to conceive lo so I really don't think it'll happen from a one off. I'm dreading when we next ttc because I got so uptight about it. Whereas it would be nice for it to happen that easily, I'm not ready yet. Lo is a slow coach at 18m so I want him walking and talking ideally. Plus we've just sold our house and haven't got a new one yet.

Any ideas? Have I just gotten ahead of myself? Lol.

I know I don't post often anymore and a lot of ladies I don't know nowadays either, but appreciate any replies.
View attachment 40164
Thanks x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I often get a line on an opk during the 2 ww a couple of times around 10 dpo they have been almost possitve and I had got my hopes up but af arrived only way to be sure is to test and 5 dpo is way to early for a hpt as implantation probably hasn't even accrued yet xx

Magic thanks Jojo. I've just spoken to a friend that's made me realise am being a pleb too! Think I just had a moment!

Hope next time you get 2 lines its a BFP :dust: xxxx

Don't worry about it all this ttc stuff and beeing naughty at ov time drives a woman insane lol think you not long to wait for me to find out I'm around 9-10 dpo but have no tests in the house typical lol xx

Fx for you. How long have you been ttc? Xx

2 yrs almost and 3lossesbut I have other kids so not to bad xx

I'm sorry to hear that hun. Doesn't mean your losses mean any less. I hope you get lucky soon xx

Oooo are you coming over to the dark side....I hope so :) he he x

Oooo are you coming over to the dark side....I hope so :) he he x

Ha ha ha! I doubt it SG. I can't help but think it will take a bit more than a couple of (good lol) fumbles. It took a long time with B. I do hope that when the time is right, it is quick though. Xx

Hey Olive!!! *waves*

I get 9 days of faint-dark-faint lines.

Last edited:
Lol Laura no chance I'm preg. I'd say there was a 5% chance given how long it took last time and how often (or lack of) we do it lol

Hey Olive!!! *waves*

I get 9 days of faint-dark-faint lines.

Thanks cazza. Perfectly normal then. Is that after OV too? I def jumped the gun with this thread! Lol

I get random lines on my opks through out my cycles and sometimes strong lines towards the end of my cycle, without being pregnant.

Good luck! I hope you get the result you wish for!! xx

Aw thanks hun. Hope you're well and have baby no 2 onboard soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27