When did you share your news?

douglasxox

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

I was just wondering when everyone shared their news with friends/family? My OH has two children from a previous, and we obviously don't want them to find out through word of mouth but I'm not ready to tell them yet because I know everybody will then find out! I'm so early that I don't want everybody to know then something go wrong!

With kids is wait for 12 weeks tbh. We told our family and close friends after a 7 week scan but the rest wit find out until after our scan in 3 weeks

With kids is wait for 12 weeks tbh. We told our family and close friends after a 7 week scan but the rest wit find out until after our scan in 3 weeks

I agree, I don't want to have to explain if anything goes wrong! I've told my parents and he's told his mum and I'd like to keep it at just that for now until I'm past 12 weeks (or the danger zone as we're now calling it!!)

only our very close group of friends and my mother in law know

Once scan in a few weeks confirms all ok - we will announce :)
X

Last time we told after 6 week scan this time we have told certain people already but not many we half scan at 7 weeks I think we're tellin his parents this week others after that but not telling kids till we're further along so they have less time to wait lol x

Last time we told after 6 week scan this time we have told certain people already but not many we half scan at 7 weeks I think we're tellin his parents this week others after that but not telling kids till we're further along so they have less time to wait lol x

We won't get a scan until 12 weeks and I'm just too scared to tell anyone because as stupid as it sounds, I still don't actually believe it myself yet! Is that mad!?

I accidentally blurted it out to my son just after I took the test at 6.5 weeks. But tbh he has been brilliant at not telling people though it is a worry. We are going to let him tell my in-laws on Friday. I told my mum as soon as I found out, and my sister who is 29 weeks and has had a v long TTC journey. But everyone else can wait til after the 12 week scan.

That's not mad! We only had an early scan cos I had some bleeding (it was implantation luckily :) )

Waiting to that 12wk scan is hell!

I accidentally blurted it out to my son just after I took the test at 6.5 weeks. But tbh he has been brilliant at not telling people though it is a worry. We are going to let him tell my in-laws on Friday. I told my mum as soon as I found out, and my sister who is 29 weeks and has had a v long TTC journey. But everyone else can wait til after the 12 week scan.

I'm a bit nervous to tell my sister as she had a mc last year and has been a really hard time recently but I know she will be happy for me. I'd like to tell her now before everyone else but we are in such close knit area, it would get out.

That's not mad! We only had an early scan cos I had some bleeding (it was implantation luckily :) )

Waiting to that 12wk scan is hell!

I feel a bit mad sometimes! It just doesn't seem real at all yet - I had all these ideas of how I would feel when I finally got my BFP and it's just so different to how you imagine! In a good way though :)

On my 7 week scan I was sitting there and they sound beany right away and I was a bit shocked lol like there's something on me like some kind of Russian doll lol then when it had a heartbeat my mind was blown lol

On my 7 week scan I was sitting there and they sound beany right away and I was a bit shocked lol like there's something on me like some kind of Russian doll lol then when it had a heartbeat my mind was blown lol

Oh gosh, I just can't wait to feel like that! I almost feel like I'm stopping myself getting too excited until I can see/hear what's going on! My OH keeps telling me I'm being silly and he's already chatting away to my belly but I just need some proof first!

I'm even more excited for 12 weeks than I was before now!! :dance:

Oh my husband strikes my belly and it's doing my head in lol like dude, that's just fat lol

Oh my husband strikes my belly and it's doing my head in lol like dude, that's just fat lol

Haha I'm the exact same! Mine bumped into me the other day in the hallway and almost had a panic attack - he thinks I'm now made of glass! My dad is the same, keeps phoning me every day and asking if I'm okay! It's quite sweet really, I suppose!

Oh I went out to a carvery yesterday and my grandma said I should get my husband to carry my plate because it might be too heavy lol seriously, mum calls and she's like "you're beig careful aren't you? You're not carrying anything heavy?" They're obsessed with It

Last week I went to stroke my mums next door neighbours dog, a dog which I've stroked 100 times before and was warned to stay away 'just in case' haha!

When my OH decides I can't do anymore cleaning up etc, then I won't mind it so much ;)

Mum asks to check hubby is doing the cats litter trays all the time!! I didn't tell my grandma till 7 weeks but I had to tell work as soon as I knew because I needed to have amended duties

I'm still a bit worried about work because I take blood etc for a living I was a bit cautious? I take all the right precautions but I'm still a bit freaked out by it. I'm going to ask my GP what he thinks about it.

My Nana + Granda were at my parents house yesterday and I was so desperate to tell them but just had to bite my tongue!

We won't get a scan until 12 weeks and I'm just too scared to tell anyone because as stupid as it sounds, I still don't actually believe it myself yet! Is that mad!?

No it's normal I don't think it seems real entill you see them on that screen xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back