When did you put the changing table away?

loz

Reaction score
Emms is getting quite long for her changing table and I was wondering when people stopped using there's? Mine is like a shelf unit where you can take the changing table bit off.

When they get too big, do you just change them on the floor?

i never had one, always used a plastic changing mat on the bed, still do, works fine but i have to kneel on bed as well else makes my back hurt bending down.

We've recently stopped using our... mainly because its become a death trap... Lil miss tries to launch herself from it and is going through the NO I WON'T LIE DOWN NICELY AND HAVE MY BUM CHANGED, INSTEAD I'M GOING TO PUT MY HAND IN POO AND RUB IT ALL OVER MY BODY, THEN GET UP AND RUB IT ALL OVER THE TABLE stage....

So I lie her on the floor between my legs and use my feet to pin her shoulders down... :lol:

Squiglet said:
and is going through the NO I WON'T LIE DOWN NICELY AND HAVE MY BUM CHANGED, INSTEAD I'M GOING TO PUT MY HAND IN POO AND RUB IT ALL OVER MY BODY, THEN GET UP AND RUB IT ALL OVER THE TABLE stage....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh I cant wait!! I was wondering this the other day, because hes very long and wriggly...

We are in the process of transferrring everything from our changing unit into Dylan's room and into handy boxes downstairs (i.e. for his bath and changing his nappy). He fell off his last week and it upset me so much. :pray: Thank God he is fine. He is so strong and a really big baby and as OH bent down to squeeze the sponge out into his top and tail bowl, somehow Dylan kicked forward and fell. It was horrible but thank god there wasnt a mark on him. I dont trust him on it now. Even though we NEVER leave him on it he still managed to do that in that split second.

My sister is due next week so im giving it to her.

I gave up with ours ages ago. Evie is way too wriggly...it's a towel on the floor for us. I gave up with the changing mat too...she rolled off it smearing poo as she went so we now use a huge beach towel which covers a much bigger area!

I use one of those splash mats on a floor. Great for nappy off time too as they are fairly big (even though LO moves too much these days and ends up on a floor).

Never had one :lol:

I just put our change mat on our bed and change Galen on there. We got a mat with proper sides so he can't roll off it.

Ive never had one with either of my babies, just used a changing mat on the floor...cant fall off that! :lol:

I have a cot top and looooooooooovveee it!!! im gonna be gutted when he goes into a bed and i cant use it anymore lol. my dad made it for me :D

I had one and think I used it once.... I always just changed her on my knee

We still use ours as Ash is such a placcid baby. He just lies there and let's us get on with it.

I guess we've probably got the oldest baby who still gets changed on a changing table?

K.xx

Kyrans changing mat is on top of his chest of drawers, its one of those special ones with the wooden sides. I have to watch him tho or he'd be off it in seconds. Its brill though coz its at the perfect height so you dont have to bend over and get back ache.

we've also got to the difficult nappy changing times when kyran is not in the mood. he starts doing those death roles like crocodiles do :lol: tries to roll over and over and over screaming, kicking and being a basic pain! we have to give him a toy now and do it super fast! hes also seriously playing with his winky when the nappy comes off, poopie wink or not the hand still goes down there!

i still use changing unit for both of mine, mark is small so fits it.... just. his legs are over the edge, but he likes to be changed up there for some reason. he also understands if he rolls he will fall, if i change him on the floor he is all over the place. we dont do dressing on there as he is in the stage of learning to dress himself.

I had a chest of drawers with changing bit on top but I've not used it once. The changing mat sees the light of day once a day when she has her bath but she's been able to roll off it for about 2 months now. So she's generally changed next to where she's playing and we've only had an accident once so far :lol:

I have a cot top changer and still use it

my sister also has one and she still uses it with her 2 and a half year old

Our's is going away this weekend and the mat on the floor!!!

This is what happens when I'm changing Emms and she twists over onto her front and tries to reach everything around her!!!!

004qr6.jpg

I never used a changing table, just a change mat on the floor. And sometimes not even that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back