When did you announce?

Revy

Reaction score
Hi, all! It appears that I have received my very first BFP! :D To those of you who have had children before, how long did you wait to tell your family? Should we wait to tell family unitl the first doctor's appointment or did you tell them before that? Any suggestions?

hey congrats ... this realy is a personal thing.. i have 6 children and i had no probs announcing the bfps but! the last 2 i did at 5 and 7 weeks ish and lost both pregs to mmc so for me next time i will not be letting anyone know if possible till i get my 12 week scan xxx

I told close family at about 6 weeks, then told everyone else after my scan, it really is a personal choice though xxx

I told my immediate family as soon as I found out. Due to nature of jobs I had to tell employers then also (just management). Everyone else I kept it from until after 1st scan, which for me was 10 weeks. At that stage I still just told close friends and let chinese whispers do their worst after that. There are still people who are only finding out now lol.

As said before it is a personal thing.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. xx

Congratulations!!

We told our family immediatley with the first pregnancy but I sadly went on to miscarry.

I had two further miscarriages so this time we kept it quiet from our families until about 10 weeks (I'd had two scans by this point) and I told work and everyone esle after 12 week scan!

xxxxxxxxx

Congrats!! We told my mum and inlaws when we found out at 5 weeks (found out on Xmas day so it felt quite fitting) everyone else 12 weeks! :)

Inave always told my parents very soon. The idea is that if it goes well it is nice for them to know early and if it goes wrong they can support me in my loss. Other people who are not really close I wn't tell until after the scan because I don't want them to know if anything goes wrong. Some people I never tell and they will eventually find out (obviously), these people include neighbours for example. Good luck with your pregnanacy and congratulations.

Congratulations!! :D I told my close family as soon as I found out pretty much at 5 weeks.. Just because I couldn't keep my mouth shut! Haha.. But I was still absolutely petrified about miscarrying, especially as people knew I was pregnant.. I told everyone else after my scan at 12 weeks xx

We kept it to ourselves until I was 10 weeks - At 10 weeks we only told our parents and each of our brothers as it was Christmas Day. We live in Australia so we sent a pic of the dating scan in a card which we told them to open on Christmas Day whilst we were on Skype! We didn't tell anybody else until after the 12 week scan! Even then I wished I'd waited a week or so longer as I was high risk for Downs and went through with the CVS procedure. It was difficult when friends were saying how pleased they were for us when we were stressed about whether the baby was ok or not.

I'd definitely wait again next time.

congratulations! we waited til our 12 week scan to tell anyone, even our close family! it was so hard to keep my mouth shut but glad we did and would do it the same again!

Congratulations! It all depends on the person and how you personally feel about it. I was a total nervous wreck in early pregnancy (still am really) and refused to tell anyone. In the end my OH made me tell my parents at 10 weeks pregnant and i told my best friend as she knew something was going on!

Other than that i made the official announcement after my 21 week scan.

Congratulations to you on your news - wishing you a lovely pregnancy X

I had a prev mmc so waited till 14 weeks, then found out I was high risk and had a cvs , (like another lady on here !) and so we carried on not telling, except my boss who had plans for my job! , then at 17 weeks we told kids and 20 weeks I told work.

You may want to see how large you get, some ladies stay smaller till later on, and some get big really quickly and level out later on, sometimes it's hard to hide if your like the second type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back