My big fat positive!!

Gemilou

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Well this morning I received a fantastic Valentines Day present! A BFP! :dance:

I still can't quite believe it! It's our first baby and I don't want to tell anyone as I think it's way too early but I needed to tell someone, so ladies..... I'M PREGNANT!!!! hehe

Question is, what do we do next? DH told me a story about a work collegue of his that found out his girlfriend was pregnant and they booked a Dr's appointment straight away and announced to the doctor that she was pregnant and the dr said "Ok, err well congratulations, what exactly do you do you want me to do about it" and I do not want my dr to do that to me!

After your BFP's what was the first thing you did?

Congratulations xx
You do need to visit your GP, they will refer you to the hospital of your choice for anti natal care xx

I booked a dr appointment lol

All he did was take a few details, how far along was i and things like that. Then he sent me off to reception to book in with the midwife who then saw me a week later! I was only 6 weeks at this point and didn't think she would see me, but she did!

Congrats Hun what a lovely prezzie!
I haven't been to my doctor yet but the last time he just put me on the system as being pregnant and told me to make an appointment with the midwife. My midwife doesn't see people until your 10 weeks but I know it can differ from area to area xxxx

Awwh thanks ladies! I'll give the doctors a call and try and book an appointment, probably take about a week to get one anyway, my Doctors are a nightmare!

Amyrose and Cosmic, massive congratulations to you both, I must admit, I've not posted much but I have been stalking both your posts since I joined! Shhh!

Dollface, I see by your ticker that you're 11 weeks! Must be time for your scan soon! Bet you're so excited!! xxx

Congrats! Everywhere is different. My midwife saw me at 5 weeks. So just phone the docs and ask them what the procedure is xx

Congratulations!
Got my doctors appointment today after finding out on mon... Im worried aswell that my doctor will be like ok.. So....?
Brilliant valentines gift for you, congrats again! :-D
X

Congrats. My doctor arranged for my scan date to be booked and passed my details on to the midwife. x

Thanks Ladies!

I called the doctors yesterday and said to the receptionist that I was pregnant and do I need to come in and see the doctor and she said yes, make an appointment so your doctor can register you as pregnant but I couldn't get an appointment until the 24th so got another week to wait! :shakehead:

We don't want to tell close family until I've at least been to the doctor so it's killing me not saying anything! I so badly want to tell my sister but I know she won't be able to keep it to herself as she been wanting me to have a baby for ages!

I'm going to book an early scan at Baby Bond just to settle my nerves that the pregnancy is viable and then we'll be able to tell our parents and siblings.

Another question, if anyone can help me out, I have to wait until I'm at least 7 weeks before I can have an early scan but I'm not entirely sure when I'll be 7 weeks, my last AF was the 8th January which makes me 5 weeks 4 days but I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate until CD 23/24 which would make me 4 weeks 2days. Question is, what date do I go by when I book my appointment as I want to get the scan asap and don't want to wait another week if I don't need to........ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back