My big fat positive!!

Discussion in 'BFP Announcements' started by Gemilou, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Gemilou

Gemilou Active Member

Hi ladies

Well this morning I received a fantastic Valentines Day present! A BFP! :dance:

I still can't quite believe it! It's our first baby and I don't want to tell anyone as I think it's way too early but I needed to tell someone, so ladies..... I'M PREGNANT!!!! hehe

Question is, what do we do next? DH told me a story about a work collegue of his that found out his girlfriend was pregnant and they booked a Dr's appointment straight away and announced to the doctor that she was pregnant and the dr said "Ok, err well congratulations, what exactly do you do you want me to do about it" and I do not want my dr to do that to me!

After your BFP's what was the first thing you did?

2. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations xx
    You do need to visit your GP, they will refer you to the hospital of your choice for anti natal care xx

3. dollface79

dollface79 Well-Known Member

I booked a dr appointment lol

All he did was take a few details, how far along was i and things like that. Then he sent me off to reception to book in with the midwife who then saw me a week later! I was only 6 weeks at this point and didn't think she would see me, but she did!

4. Amyrose

Amyrose Well-Known Member

Congrats Hun what a lovely prezzie!
    I haven't been to my doctor yet but the last time he just put me on the system as being pregnant and told me to make an appointment with the midwife. My midwife doesn't see people until your 10 weeks but I know it can differ from area to area xxxx

5. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

AR, get to the drs will you!!!! xx

6. Gemilou

Gemilou Active Member

Awwh thanks ladies! I'll give the doctors a call and try and book an appointment, probably take about a week to get one anyway, my Doctors are a nightmare!

Amyrose and Cosmic, massive congratulations to you both, I must admit, I've not posted much but I have been stalking both your posts since I joined! Shhh!

Dollface, I see by your ticker that you're 11 weeks! Must be time for your scan soon! Bet you're so excited!! xxx

7. Gemilou

Gemilou Active Member

Here here missy! hehe

8. Sunbeam638

Sunbeam638 Well-Known Member

Congratulations :)

9. Bellarina

Bellarina Well-Known Member

Congrats hun lovely valentines pressie!! Xx

10. Tara1985

Tara1985 Well-Known Member

Congratulations :) xxx

11. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

Congrats! Everywhere is different. My midwife saw me at 5 weeks. So just phone the docs and ask them what the procedure is xx

12. Clairabella

Clairabella Well-Known Member

Congratulations such a fab present xxxx

13. Spinneygirl

Spinneygirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations, what a lovely prexxie xxx

14. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Congrats hun lovely news :) :) xxx

15. Sarah7

Sarah7 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    Got my doctors appointment today after finding out on mon... Im worried aswell that my doctor will be like ok.. So....?
    Brilliant valentines gift for you, congrats again! :-D
    X

16. EmmaN27

EmmaN27 Well-Known Member

Congrats. My doctor arranged for my scan date to be booked and passed my details on to the midwife. x

17. Gemilou

Gemilou Active Member

Thanks Ladies!

I called the doctors yesterday and said to the receptionist that I was pregnant and do I need to come in and see the doctor and she said yes, make an appointment so your doctor can register you as pregnant but I couldn't get an appointment until the 24th so got another week to wait! :shakehead:

We don't want to tell close family until I've at least been to the doctor so it's killing me not saying anything! I so badly want to tell my sister but I know she won't be able to keep it to herself as she been wanting me to have a baby for ages!

I'm going to book an early scan at Baby Bond just to settle my nerves that the pregnancy is viable and then we'll be able to tell our parents and siblings.

Another question, if anyone can help me out, I have to wait until I'm at least 7 weeks before I can have an early scan but I'm not entirely sure when I'll be 7 weeks, my last AF was the 8th January which makes me 5 weeks 4 days but I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate until CD 23/24 which would make me 4 weeks 2days. Question is, what date do I go by when I book my appointment as I want to get the scan asap and don't want to wait another week if I don't need to........ xx

18. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

19. pinkclara

pinkclara Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Xx