when did u all stop steralising?

mel_ed

Reaction score
finley's neally 8 months now and trying his very best to crawl i'm wondering wether 2 stop steralising soon as i cant really see the point as u picks up anything and puts it in his mouth

when did u all stop?

I literally just asked OH this today! I have no idea! Will be watching this thread intently!

I think I stopped at 6 months with DD but everyone has there own way of doing things. My health visitor said they recommend a year but really no one does it for that long, it's just textbook saying 1 year x

they recommend a year, think i stopped about 11 months with K, but by about 4 months, E was shoving absolutely everything in her mouth and i just couldnt see the point, tihnk i eventually stopped about 6month!

I'm goin to do it for a year for his bottles, just because he has the teat in his mouth for so long, but I'm sure I don't need to do it til then x

In the green 0-5 book it says 6 months but I always thought it was a year.

Odhrán was around 11 months when I stopped, from around 10 months I didn't actually sterilize but I would have washed his bottle and then filled it with boiling water, I think it was around 11 months too when I started cleaning his dummy with tap water instead of boiling water too x

We are going to Greece in may and im stopping when we get back! I would stop before but I think it's important that I do it while on holiday x

I'm gonna stop when he fully stops his formula or he turns one. The germs in milk can be particularly nasty and don't want to risk it!

I agree that its pointless when they start putting things in their mouth and start crawling but i'm paranoid! Even if i have to just put the bottle in a bowl with bowling water for 5 mins i'll do it!

I'm gonna stop when he fully stops his formula or he turns one. The germs in milk can be particularly nasty and don't want to risk it!

I agree that its pointless when they start putting things in their mouth and start crawling but i'm paranoid! Even if i have to just put the bottle in a bowl with bowling water for 5 mins i'll do it!

Does the boiled water you make formula with not deal with the germs in the milk rather than sterilising the bottles?

Oh yes, in that part it does but it manefests in the nooks and crannies in the bottles after a while. I suppose if you wash thoroughly with hot soapy water straight away then it *should* be fine.

When I had my little girl the health visitor said to stop at 6 months (dont know if they've changed the guidelines since then)

I stopped at 8 months though as she was crawling about sticking everything in her mouth so there wasn't a point in steralising....although i'm sure if i remember right i still steralised her bottles for a couple of months.

i stopped when i startede bottle feeding. (8 weeks ish) just bung em in the dishwasher once a day n rinse with hot water inbewtween

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back