Thumb Sucking

Tina & Gabs

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice.

Gabs is a vigorous thumb sucker; she normally only does it when she is tried. She has a comfort bunny and the moment she picks it up her thumb goes straight in her mouth.

I don't really have a problem with this as I think it is good that she is able to self soothe but she seems to be using her thumb a lot more recently and she has made it quite sore! The tip is really sore looking and the rest of her thumb is just dry.

She is still very young and I don't want her to stop completely but I am worried about the soreness. When she sucks her thumb randomly I will say to her "take your thumb out of your mouth darling; look it is sore" and bless her she does listen and takes it out but it is back in again as soon as she takes it out!

I have been using vaseline on her thumb but I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything? Or has anyone else's LO's made their thumbs sore and what did you do to stop/prevent this?

Sorry for the rambling post :hug:

Willow sucks her thumb she used tojust do when she ws tired ow it seems to be more often and a little while ago she got a sore bit and to be honest i didnt do anything as i thought what can i do so i just left it and it went on its own, and so far hasnt come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back