When did you stop.....

Annie050408

Reaction score
1) Sterilising bottles?

2) Using a monitor?

We only sterilise now if we are making a bottle for the next day, otherwise we just wash it out well. We've done this since she was about 8 months.

We stopped using a monitor last week. We have the anglecare which I personally feel is the best invention since sliced bread but Ella is now nearly 10 months old chats constantly if awake. We don't want to hear all her ramblings, just if she cries and she is now loud enough for us to hear her without the monitor! Also, she wriggles into corners and the alarm kept going off so we though it was time to take the monitor away. I still feel a little uneasy without it and fret that she might stop breathing but I have to remind myself that most people don't get the breathing monitors and that she is 10 months old now so touch wood should be ok.

Last edited:
:blush: i still use monitor BUT i completely conk and wudnt hear her if she woke also shes in a single bed so i wanna hear if she falls out lol

i didnt stop sterilising till a year but next time i wud defo stop earlier, i never sterilised bowls or spoons or anythin xx

Ill stop steralising when I stop using formula, so basically, when she turns 1 :) I still have the monitor on and I have no idea when Ill stop using it lol. Its like a safety net. I dont have the sensor mat though, just a normal one, but it plays music and thats what sends her to sleep so Ive never thought about turning them off :/

Tbh...I want to keep her a baby as long as possible lol. Im attempting to take her off bottles but its going so badly and I like the cuddles when she has them! (she only has 2 a day but still...she shouldnt be having any :blush: )

^^^ Same as Augustmum. I wont stop sterilising till he stops formula and i'll still use the monitor for as long as we need it.

I still use a monitor but its sound only, also it has an option where it only let's you hear it if she makes over a certain level of noise which is the level crying would be but we just use it like normal. Think we'll be using it a while as not sure I'd hear her otherwise- her door has to be shut to stop the dog getting in her cot with her!

I still bf so no steriliser but would if I expressed or had to use formula.

I've never used a monitor n we don't steriles his bottles, he was fully breastfeed for 5 month but regulary started on formula every night at 6 month, we have always just washed them xx

I've never used a monitor!
I don't know when I'll stop sterilising, prob when he stops having formula although I stopped sterilising lacey's bottles at 10 months even though she was still on formula x x

I took the sensor pad off last week as Matthew moves too much and makes the alarm go at least 3 times a night! So now it's sound only!
XxX

I stopped using a visual monitor at a year .:blush I still use the audio one , only because I am a heavy sleeper . I stopped sterilising at a year but would stop earlier next time , because thinking about it a crawling baby is popping all sorts into their mouths anyway xx

I still sterilise lo's bottles but will prob stop when he is finished formula at about a year. (he's 10 months just now). I also use sound monitor for when he is upstairs and we are down in the evening but have never used it upstairs as our rooms are close enough to hear him in the night.

I never sterlised bottles? Just washed them in hot water lol As for moniters I still use mine.. But it has a setting on it so it will only turn on if the noise goes above a certain level (you can change the level) so I dont hear her babbling but if she cries itll turn on, its a video moniter too.

I sterilised bottles for Jacob for ages because he was only 11 month old when Lucas was born so I just kept doing his with lucas'. I stopped sterilising for Lucas when he was about 6 months old because he hasn't touched a drop of milk since around then :shock: he's honestly the first baby I have ever met that doesn't like milk.

Monitors I still use too because I am a heavy sleeper and would never wake up to cries from another room. Plus they share a room so I like to listen to them babbling to each other as they go to sleep, it's well cute.

August mum,, why should she not be having bottles at all? Jacob is well over 2 and still has his bed time milk in a bottle. Its how he likes it and it won't harm him so I just give him it. I think it's a comfort thing xx

im still steralising bottles and probably will until he is 1 when i switch to cow milk, i just wash his sippy cups, cutlery and stuff in hot sopay water and rinse well.... and i've never used a monitor!! lo has his cot in our room!

We still use the baby monitor for downstairs and i listen for his cries if there unusual they are good to help me out but once hes in his own room i might still use them though lol.
I stopped steralising bottles at the age of 6 months but still throughly washed them out x

Apparently they should be using cups or beakers when they're 1 as it can effect their teeth or something along those lines. Like you say though, its a comfort thing which is why Im finding it hard with Paige. That last feed at night is like her wind down to bed.

Im not too worried at the moment though seeing as she has no teeth lol.

Ahh yeah I've heard the teeth thing. Well I suppose if it's just one bottle a day with plain milk in before bed I guess it won't hurt. Jakey drinks from a cup at other times but I haven't even tried to steer him off the bottle before bed, he'll give it up when he's ready xx

I stopped sterilising at 6 months, I just make sure Lizzie's bottles are washed well and rinsed with hot water.

I have to use a monitor for when I'm awake as I always hear birds chirping/dog barking etc and think it's Lizzie's crying! Sometimes I just have the sound of her stuck in my head iykwim, so I think I hear her. The amount of times I go upstairs thinking she's crying and she's actually fast asleep is mad so I have her monitor on to save me the trouble lol :)

Never used a monitor and I'll keep sterilising until 1 year :)

oooh toon glad to hear u say that, madison only has one bottle at bedtime (she will take it outta a cup BUT its messy and she finishes it during the night so handier in a bobo) and everyone keeps pressurising me to get rid but i dont wanna take it over when i personally dont see its that big a deal, if she wasnt so attached i wud remove but she loves it xxx

We use a monitor but only when she goes to bed and we are downstairs. We don't have one in our bedroom. I will sterilise her bottles until she stops formula too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back