When did pregnancy start to slow you down?

JoD

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I know I've not been a regular here but would be grateful to hear your input. I basically spent the 1st trimester trying to focus on everything but pregnancy incase it ended in another mc... yesterday at 14 wks it hit me, I'm having a baby and developing a cute little bump! I'm super happy, a little scared at times, but I really need to focus now on organizing work and the coming months ahead.

I'm a self employed mobile dog groomer, this involves setting up in clients homes so lifting my table etc. This morning I rebooked a client for her next 2 appts at 8 wk intervals so will 22 weeks and 30 weeks preg at these. I left thinking can I even commit to these?

My table for little dogs weighs 15KG and larger 35KG so I'm presuming I'll have to drop larger dogs 1st. I want to give notice so when I start back part time I've left on good terms so may get some clients back but I don't want to cut myself short either as I will be solely relying on hubbys wage once off as no mat pay.

I also don't want to cause any harm to babba,

So ladies when did your bump get in the way? When did the tiredness kick in? Did you need to go down to part time hrs near the end? Does driving become difficult?

Thanks xxx

i work in a hospital and had to do nightshifts day shifts and alot of physical work. I stopped working at 32 weeks but to be honest the worst for me was the 2nd tri about 25 weeks. I was walking to and back from work two miles each way and i was in so much pain i had to stop working. But now i feel fine and have more engry than the whole of my pregnancy. If i was you i would obv stick to small dogs and just see how you go you may need time off in tri too but feel better in tri 3. Also being off work is sooooo boring i allways thaught i would enjoy it but ive done everything and wish i just went part time. My bump isnt that big it doesnt really get in the way x

I think it's one of them things you have to see how you go really, some ladies suffer with SPD and things which restrict them from doing certain things and stuff...

My bumps started to feel massive atm and I'm 22 + 4..., I'm all out front too, I notice it resting on the side when I'm washing up and stuff lol. Having to bend to the side to put my pants on ;) how attractive! Lol.

Is there no one who you could take with you on these visits to client's houses that could lift the tables and animals for you?! Maybe like a young teenager who'll do it for pocket money or something? Just an idea!

I must admit I've had a great pregnancy and have been really lucky and to be honest it's only been in the last week or so I've felt like I need to slow down. I am self employed but work in an office so am lucky I can work from home on the laptop. We have 2 dogs and have been walking them 1-2 hours a day all through the pregnancy, although I now try to do every other day with my OH. I'd say the most important thing is to listen to your body, if it's telling you to slow down then listen, I made myself feel quite ill a couple of days ago not listening xxx

I think Im starting to notice my body slowing down.
Im on placement in the local hospital atm, and today my hip felt like it was going to pop out! I walk to and from work which is also tiring, as well as being on my feet all day. x

I'm the same as taffy rose, I've had a lovely pregnancy but have found the last couple of weeks a bit harder going so just starting to slow down x

When I was preg with the boys I was working with horses, doing the mucking out, shifting hay, feed, moving wheelbarrows etc, and I manged to do it till around 4 weeks before my due date, when I finished. I can't say my bump really bothered me, once I was doing something I forgot it was there, I think coz I'd been doing it for a long time before I was preg and I,m an active person my body coped well with it.

It's only in the last week (since about 35 weeks) that I have felt more tired and like I can't do as much. But I have had a pretty good pregnancy! xx

I'm feeling fine at the mo and I'm 29 weeks. I expect it'll hit me more as time progresses. Could your Clients not lift their own dogs onto your table when you get a bit larger? Xx

ive hAD a good pregnancy and work in a hospital in theatres.
Id say its only the last week or so ive sufferered and i finish tomorrow and everyone is saying how well ive done. Its only this week i havent done alot of walking to and from work due to my swollen ankles.
Id say if you keep as normal as you can youll be grand xxx

Today .... sigh

Today I can barely move - feel like I need to be carried everywhere

i noticed it when bump started getting big for me about 30weeks, since am struggling to get out of bed, put clothes on much to my OH pleasure *shakes head* cant even put my shoes on and feel shattered after doing simple things like cooking tea then doing the washing up 10 minutes later its a joke x x x

Thanks ladies for the feedback / suggestions. I guess I'll have to take each day as it comes nearer the time and if it means having to let people down at short notice then so be it, hoping for a nice easy pregnancy though! I'll def ditch the large breeds and difficult dogs sooner rather than later then at least I'll have more available time on my hands to move appts if need be or just rest up.

November seems ages away but when I look through my diary and add up repeat appts left and then think about how quick each of them comes around it's quite shocking how quick it will actually be here! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back