When criteria for treatment says couple must be married???

But if they time it right then that's got to be a good chance???? *clutches at straws xx

absolutely - you're taking away the first hurdle for the sperms so more of them have a decent chance of reaching the egg. IUI can have really good success rates if you're the right person for it, which you guys almost certainly are. There are a lot of horror stories, but it is given to a lot of people as opposed to finding out what's actually up with them.

Maybe slightly more likely than a normal cycle, because they know they are doing it at the right time (I think you still have a trigger injection even on an unmedicated cycle). They also wash the semen sample to ensure it is the best possible.

I'm curious. Assuming you are thinking of this to select gender, how do they do that with IUI? I assumed they determined it from the embryos in IVF.

When we did IUI, they requested to see identifying documents, such as passport to ensure we were who we said we were. The industry is tightly regulated, at least here.

Last edited:
absolutely - you're taking away the first hurdle for the sperms so more of them have a decent chance of reaching the egg. IUI can have really good success rates if you're the right person for it, which you guys almost certainly are. There are a lot of horror stories, but it is given to a lot of people as opposed to finding out what's actually up with them.

Thanks scotch, that's reassuring x

Maybe slightly more likely than a normal cycle, because they know they are doing it at the right time (I think you still have a trigger injection even on an unmedicated cycle). They also wash the semen sample to ensure it is the best possible.

I'm curious. Assuming you are thinking of this to select gender, how do they do that with IUI? I assumed they determined it from the embryos in IVF.

When we did IUI, they requested to see identifying documents, such as passport to ensure we were who we said we were. The industry is tightly regulated, at least here.

They do something called microsort.
They basically separate the boy sperm from the girl sperm and use whichever gender sperm you require x

It will be if it works and I actually get pregnant from it x

I've read about that procedure after another post you made somewhere and I really think you need a 100% sure thing Cosmic or don't bother. It really means too much to you to take a risk, even if the odds are good.

91% might sound high but that still means that out of every 10 people, one of them gets a boy when they wanted a girl.

The PGD might seem a bit less ethical, but you could always donate any embryos that you don't need xx

I know what you mean but the PGD is just so much more expensive and soooo invasive. I must admit I did think that 91% were good odds but now you put it that way that's not 100% which isn't good enough really is it.
I've got a lot of thinking to do. The PGD procedure really scares me. Microsort with IUI seemed a lot less scary and a whole lot cheaper.
More research is needed xx

I can definitely see the appeal to the microsort, but you was really devastated when you found out you was having a boy this time and i'd hate to think of you going through it again and ending up with 6 boys :shock:

You'll basically just be having IVF but i don't think it's very invasive really. I quite like having a cycle lol

How many IUI's could you get for the cost of an PGD cycle?

Would u not lookin into adopting?
U could adopt newborn baby girl, bring her up as ur own. At least u kno for defo its a lil girl xx

Sent from my LG-P692 using Tapatalk 2

I can definitely see the appeal to the microsort, but you was really devastated when you found out you was having a boy this time and i'd hate to think of you going through it again and ending up with 6 boys :shock:

You'll basically just be having IVF but i don't think it's very invasive really. I quite like having a cycle lol

How many IUI's could you get for the cost of an PGD cycle?

About 2 and 1/2 for the price of one PGD cycle x

Would u not lookin into adopting?
U could adopt newborn baby girl, bring her up as ur own. At least u kno for defo its a lil girl xx

Sent from my LG-P692 using Tapatalk 2

I had thought of that, I don't think I'd be a good candidate, I work full time and we only have a 5 bed house so little girl would be sharing with this baby. It's something to look into, another option. I didn't think babies came up for adoption very often?? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back