When can you go swimming with a newborn?

sexyamy2005

Reaction score
hi all :)

i know this is a little kinda early, but :lol:

when can i start to take the little one swimming, do i have to wait until after 6 week check up, or when ever they have there first jabs, or could i take him/her before then?

me and OH are both big swimmers and id like to get baby accustomed to water as soon as possible, specially as we are going to Tenerife in April for 2weeks and swimming then will be at least 5 dips in the pool a day :lol:

thanks for any help,

xxx

The advice used to be to wait until after 6 week injections but I think they've changed it now, not sure x

Just like helen said it's after the 6 week jabs! I first took lacey swimming when she was 3 months and she loved it and has done ever since! She's only 4 and can swim unaided already!!

Just like helen said it's after the 6 week jabs! I first took lacey swimming when she was 3 months and she loved it and has done ever since! She's only 4 and can swim unaided already!!

aww thats brill, i think i kinda have fallen in love with some little swiming trunks and costumes cos there tiny!!

im sure 6 weeks will fly by :) xxx

i asked the health visitor this when finn was few week old and said when ever i want 2. they used 2 say once baby has had injections but now u can go anytime. we r going 2 take finley next i think

Sarah has been swimming since she was two weeks! We took her for her forth time today and she absolutely loves it - and stayed in a whole half hour before she got cold. The advice used to be to wait till after jabs because of the live polio - but it isn't a live vacine anymore so you can take them when you like.
Obviously they get cold quite quick so when i took all four children the other day i took two towels and a blanket with me - wrapped and warmed her after 20mins and then took her back in and repeated - she feel asleep second time and i sat on pool steps and watched other children swim.
Start hem early i say especially if they enjoy bath time x

I agree the advice now is you can take them anytime :)

AJ has been going swimming since he was 10 weeks old.

I took zach on Friday, he loved it! I think you can take them anytime, but we waited til after his first set of injections xxx

we are taking annabelle today - i cant wait :)

i took finley last week. dont think he really knew what 2 make of it ha ha!
he's a pic :)

OMG how cute does fin look! Where did you get his baby float from mel? Xx

I'm gettin one of those they look fab! My OH dunked zach, I couldn't do it, and he was fine, think I've got a little water baby xxx

thanks for the link mel, just ordered one it's a right bargain esp with free p+p!

thanks for the link mel, just ordered one it's a right bargain esp with free p+p!

glad i helped :) yeh bargain or what! i got his swim suit in tesco sale 2 for £2 shudda been £8!! bargains all round

Ahh I can't wait to take my little one swimming! That's gonna be fun! Guess you've gotta be well prepared though! Like towels and stuff! X

oh my gosh how cute is he??!!!!

aww what a little darling! aww im sure he will get used to it after a few times, is he ok with water in the bath?

xxx

bless him! isnt a "normal" pool too cold for the baby? or do u go special plces for baby swim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back