when can i take LO swimming?

pringle88

Reaction score
Ella has had her first jabs, does this mean i can take her swimming or do i have to wait until she is older? i should have asked at the drs but i forgot! x

Its safe to take lo swimming

Sent from my generic using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same. I think my local baby swimming club likes them to be 3 months but I'm not sure if that's just them

yeah someone said something about the temp of the pool?? hmm might just leave it until she is 3 months just to be on the safe side!

When I spoke to my mw about this she said you can take them from any age and they dont have to have had their injections but she said it might shock them at 1st with the temp of the pool. I bough my lo a little ring and tried her in the bath in it and she loves it, kicks her legs all over. I have signed up for little swimmers which starts in my area in feb.....they dont use floats or anything and you can take them from birth. Also my local pool does free aerobics classes where you can get a work out and incorporate baby aswell. Im so excited to take her swimming.

I took Arthur when he was 5 weeks! But it was in my parents pool and not in a leisure centre, so I knew it hadn't just had chlorine in it. And we only stayed in for about 5 mins!

I've signed Kynon up for the water babies class which they can do from birth but it's a special pool which is really warm
http://www.waterbabies.co.uk/
You can have a look at the link and see if there are any classes near you. The new term starts Feb here but I did have to put his name on a waiting list

ohh yay they do a class at the swimming baths at the bottom of my road!! happy days! thanks sarah x

That's great! Hope you can get on one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back