Whats the difference in 1st and 2nd birth?

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Is the second and following births any different to the first? I know all labours and births are the same, but is what they say true? The second is bigger, the labour is shorter, the baby comes earlier...etc..
Im hoping it hurts less too LOL!
Any experience or knowledge welcomed! I feel like i havent done it once already!!
I guess im just a bit scared. My 1st was 12hrs from waters breaking pushing for 1hr and she was 7lb6.

Less pain,no :rotfl:

First 19 hrs, 2nd slow labour and contractions here and there, i coped fine until my waters broke, then contraction hell broke loose, but i had him in 2 and a half hrs :dance:

I'd rather have this one similar,fast than play a waiting game again,hrs of contractions.

Every one is different, i bet this one for me will be hell :wall:

Bigger yes, but boys are,aren't they?

And DD came on due date,DS 3 days early,so not much difference.

Thanks, im not sure if the sex makes a diff..ive only had a girl lol its possible...
I hope this one is much quicker! Apparently the third is supposed to be the worst..im not sure why? :think: (sorry :oops: )

Well i'm gonna find out :rotfl:

I think it is easier with the second baby, at least you know whats going to happen and i crapped myself but coped much better because of being there before.

I'm so laid back thinking about having this one i think i'll fall asleep :rotfl:

they are soooo different

still as painful but loads faster.

at 4cm with Dior i was in bad bad pain whaling
i was not in pain untill 8cm with my 2nd
and i was not as sore afterwards with Harley
i didnt tear or graze. with Dior i grazed.
but after pains are painfull its like contractions after labour i had mine for 2 days and they get worse the more children you have. my mum has given birth 6 times and with her last she still needed gas and air after giving birth

dionne said:
they are soooo different

still as painful but loads faster.

at 4cm with Dior i was in bad bad pain whaling
i was not in pain untill 8cm with my 2nd
and i was not as sore afterwards with Harley
i didnt tear or graze. with Dior i grazed.
but after pains are painfull its like contractions after labour i had mine for 2 days and they get worse the more children you have. my mum has given birth 6 times and with her last she still needed gas and air after giving birth
Yeah with Jaycee i was 2cm and crying lmao!! I grazed with her aswell..
Hopefully ill have a 2nd like yours dionne!!
Oldermum-i wish i could fall asleep in labour and just wake up to the baby lmao!! Just miss all the pain!

My 2nd was my worst! I was induced though so maybe it was cos of that. My 1st was about 12 hours and she was 6lb 11oz and 1 week early. My 2nd was about 6 hours but the 2nd stage was 4 hours :shock: she was 8lb 11oz and she was 11 days late. My 3rd was the easiest by far. 1 hour 45 minutes and he was 9lb 5oz and 5 days late but i went into labour on my own. I only tore with my 1st.

EEk!! i hope i dont have to be induced!!
So yours have got 1lb bigger each time! :shock:

1st baby girl 91b 2oz and 2hr established labour
2nd baby girl 8lb 10oz and 1 hour established labour

They say your labours are normally shorter and easier due to the practice your body has had before, for me it was true but i know for others it hasnt been.

Its always different i guess.

Cor they really are fast labours you've had!

I just dont like not knowing lol!

With Brooke i was in labour 13 and a half hours! She was induced 3 weeks early weighing 4lb 4oz

Olivia was 4 days early weighing 7lb 4oz, with her i was in strong for 12 hours! (when i say strong i mean from when the pain was really bad lol) Olivia's birth was more difficult as she got her shoulders stuck behind my pelvis!

So not much difference with mine but there was nearly a 7 year gap!

A midwife told me that after 7 years of givin birth you body heals it's self so when you do have another one it's like givin birth to your first all over agian! Not sure how true it is but i do know that my 2nd labour wasn't much shorted!

Kelly S said:
A midwife told me that after 7 years of givin birth you body heals it's self so when you do have another one it's like givin birth to your first all over agian! Not sure how true it is but i do know that my 2nd labour wasn't much shorted!

That makes a lot of sense. my 1st and 2nd had 5 1/2 between them and my 2nd labour was really difficult but my 3rd was really easy and there was only 14 months between them.

Hi

My first my waters broke almost then a day and a half later i was induced then got to 9 and a half cm and had a section as she was 9 pounds 6 ounces
Oldermum ihope your not right about bigger babies or that means another section for me forsure! and mines a boy too :?
Im hoping i have a smaller baby this time so i can have a natural birth :pray:
Katrina

First was bigger 9lb 10 and 1/2oz the labour had to be induced, because of this the contractions werent regular and labour wasnt maybe a quick as it should have been.

My second was 8lb 11oz, labour started of natuarly, but she was also overdue. I found this labour to be much more difficult and painfull, this was probably only becasue Elora decided to turn back to back while I was in labour.

I think I remember asking the same question while in this tri. Even though the replys I got were comforting, they dont really perpare you. I say if you've been through it once already then the second time will be better mentally, because you know whats coming and you wont be so scared. I dont know if im helping, but im bascily trying to say dont worry lol :hug:

I say if you've been through it once already then the second time will be better mentally, because you know whats coming and you wont be so scared.

I agree with that :D

Kelly S said:
I say if you've been through it once already then the second time will be better mentally, because you know whats coming and you wont be so scared.

I agree with that :D

i was more scared 2nd time as i knew what i had ahead of me :lol:

:hug: *dionne*

...but you knew what was coming though. You had felt the pains etc before. Thats what I mean. When I went into labour first time round I didnt know what the hell was happening. Second time round when the labour pains started I was much more relaxed.

violet-glow said:
I think I remember asking the same question while in this tri. Even though the replys I got were comforting, they dont really perpare you. I say if you've been through it once already then the second time will be better mentally, because you know whats coming and you wont be so scared. I dont know if im helping, but im bascily trying to say dont worry lol :hug:

Thanks hun, yeah you have helped! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Every birth is different so i guess 'knowing' when your in labour, and whats gonna happen etc, makes it easier in the long run! Im just hoping its shorter and less painful LOL :lol: 'Hoping'!!!

1st was 13 hours from waters breaking, 2nd was 8 hours from waters breaking but much more painful imho but I did have a ventouse with 2nd as I was knackered, 14 years older and his heart rate dropped with the pethidene. I do think though that 2nd birth was better all round than the 1st

Just wanted to say best wishes Jayceesmumma, believe in yourself, you know best :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back