How long?

my first baby was 3 and a half hours start to finish
second was 2 hours
third i and a half hours
fourth 40 mins
fifth 1 hour
sixth 5 hours

:hug: Maria. that must be awful knowing that. xxx

Really sad, I can't actually remember exactly what the surgeon said when he came to see me after coz I was so knackered, but I've asked to be referred back so I can find out what went wrong, what exactly is wrong with me and what wil happen next time. I feel robbed and I haven't actually talked about oscars birth properly because it chokes me up :cry:

:hug: that must be awful, its definately worth getting answers and having a chance to discuss things. Make sure you explain the doctors how you feel about it, they have so many women knocking the doors down to get an elective section they forget that most of us are deeply psychologically affected by them. It may be that they can balance out the risks in your favour, maybe you could get some xrays done before you get pregnant again :hug:

1st - I was having niggles all week with him and by the thursday i had a show and from the moment i went to hospital (was 7cms when i got there) and to when i gave birth was 1hr 20mins.

2nd - My waters broke at 10pm, went to hospital at 12am and was 5cms, had him at 2am. So 4hrs in total.

3rd - I had trickles of water at 8am, pains started coming. Managed to get the kids in school and got to the hospital at 10.15am. Went from 0-6cms in 2hrs 25mins, they broke my waters and i had him 5 mins later. So in total 4hrs 30ms. (my most painfull as i dilated the last part so quick, didn't have time to catch my breath!)

Hmmm, my labours have gotten longer! How does that one work then :eh::lol:

One and only labor and never again i might add....

Waters went at 32 weeks on Tues 25th Jan....... gave birth on Feb 4th!!!

And i would rather not remember it lol xxxxxxxx

After 3rd sweap my contractions started Friday 2pm. I was induced Saturday 10am. Noa was born 00.13 Sunday. 34hours contractions n 55 mins active labour. They broke my water

Mine was 2 hours 50 minutes from start to finish - I put it down to Hypnobirthing!

^^^ pfffft, I was hypnobirthing. Kept me sane, but that wasnt to my advantage in the end, cos I think I wouldnt have been left alone for so long, and I dont think they realised how strong my contractions were. After the 2nd day of no progress I nearly threw my iPod (and mary mongans voice) out the window :lol:

:hug: Maria. that must be awful knowing that. xxx

Really sad, I can't actually remember exactly what the surgeon said when he came to see me after coz I was so knackered, but I've asked to be referred back so I can find out what went wrong, what exactly is wrong with me and what wil happen next time. I feel robbed and I haven't actually talked about oscars birth properly because it chokes me up :cry:

:hug: that must be awful, its definately worth getting answers and having a chance to discuss things. Make sure you explain the doctors how you feel about it, they have so many women knocking the doors down to get an elective section they forget that most of us are deeply psychologically affected by them. It may be that they can balance out the risks in your favour, maybe you could get some xrays done before you get pregnant again :hug:

I'm still waiting for my referral. My GP was an arse, said 'normal' ppl get referred by teh midwife when they conceive again, I said eerrrrr yeah but I wanna know what I'm getting into lol Tosser!

I screeeeeamed when they said I had to have a section, i went nuts lol And I screamed from start to when Oscar was laid in front of me. That was the last thing I wanted, I was so so scared, but Ocsars heart rate dropped so quickly it had to be done. They tried to ventouse him out for a bit, but he was well wedged and now has the biggest scar on his head coz he was cut really really bad bless him!

If there is any chance I can push next time I'm gonna go for it!

I just think it makes sense to get your pelvis xrayed to get some definite answers. Once your pregnant you wont be able to have an xray cos of radiation risk to the baby. They will have to assume worst case scenario cos they wont be able to get firm answers. If youve got xrays at least you know one way or another.

I'm on my first too -

My waters went at 2am Monday morning, I went to the hospital at 4.30am Tuesday morning and was 9cm. From then to Matthew being born was 2 and a half hours. Don't really know how long I was in 'active labour'!

I was pushing for about 45 mins I think! x

My one and only... Hind waters broke on Sunday 4am . Was 4 cms @ 7pm when they class as in labour And had him by emergency section 7.16pm the Monday so it was long!! X

---
-

I never properly went into labour!
I started bleeding heavily at 35 weeks at 11.30am, went straight to hospital, was monitored, after a while his heart rate couldn't be found, and within 15 mins he was out, by emergency c-section!
Apparently I got to 1/2cm dilated!
Feel slightly jealous that you girls actually experienced labour!
XxX

---
-

My first was a 32 hour labour that was back to back. But he was my first.

My 2nd was a a few hours established labour, but contractions all day on and off. Easy labour.

My 3rd was 4 hours established labour, but he was a big boy - contractions again on and off all day.

1st baby- from 1st contraction 4.5 hours! Pretty happy with that! xx

i was induced so counting from when they broke my waters as had no pain until then would be 5 1/4 hours only had 5 strong pushing pains though x

1st : from water breaking to baby - around 5pm thursday till 4.26pm saturday
from 3cm to baby - 7 hours

2nd: from waters breaking - a matter of minutes!
from 3cm to baby - 3 hours

Mine was recorded at 11 1/2 hours but it was a failed induction so ended in c section.
I had diamorphine and an epidural but I swear the gas and air was the best thing.

^^ I only had gas and air but it helped me so much, it was amazing, completely helped me zone out and stay in control x

OMG I freaked out on the gas n air. I was well looking fwd to that my whole pregnancy lol, but then it made me feel so out of control and didn't help with pain at all. I refused all pain relief for 7.5 hours then midwife and OH begged me to have something coz I was screaming louder and louder with no break in between contractions. Epidural was a nightmare, but once it was explained to me for the millioneth time that I needed to press the button I pressed it repeatedly lol Oh and catheters are the best thing ever, after 6 months of living on the loo it was so nice to just wee in a bag :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back