Second Time Birth and Labour Advice

MrsK

Reaction score
Just a quick post I am having my second baby and just wondering if any mummies who have had their second babies have any advice, etc, sounds a bit silly but people have been telling me that second time around isnt quite as bad, shorter labour, easier to push,etc I just dont know what to expect at all! It is 9 years since I had my last ba and I really dont remember alot about it to be honest and now the time is getting nearer I am shitting myself to bepolite about the whole thing!!

Cant help, just about to do it for the second time as well, and interested to hear other mums experiences too

Good thread :thumbup:

It was much quicker for me. Iras induced with my 1st and had an epidural. Going naturally 2nd time round my body seemed to know this time what was going on. I didn't tear either and first time I tore totally back to front.
Loved my 2 nd labour. Hospital get rid if you quicker 2nd time round too x

this is my second and my 1st labour was an hour 18 mins totally natural no pain relief. this time so far I have been told its planned section

my friend was 8 hours 1st time and 22 hours 2nd time but I just think its all statistics lol each and eve ry labour goes how its ment to be as long as baby arrives safe im happy xx

My first was 2 hours 24 minutes and I was very ill high blood pressure and being sick! My second was 4 minutes established no pain relief no tears, grazes or stitches and was much better than my first!

My 1st was 24 hours and my 2nd 22 hours...the second was a lot easier tho,only needed gas and air,remember been quite chilled throughout,even tho he weighed 9lb 5!! Lol xx

My 1st was 2 and a half hours from 4cm, just had my second and I don't know when I got to 4cm as I stayed at home until the pain in my back got unbearable and when I was examined at hospital I was 8cm. From 8-10cm took 5 minutes and from starting to push it says on my notes took 3 minutes 58 seconds (though it felt like longer)! I only got 3 goes on the gas and air :-(

I feel it went quicker and I felt in complete control this time round as I knew what to expect. I have a small tear but no stitches.

:yay: for easier second labours!!

Lets hope we all end up like this :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back