advice on 2nd labour

roxane 1985

Reaction score
so me and my midwife our starting to sort out my birth plan.

ive no idea what to do i had such a horrible birth last time and im actually more scared this time than i was the first time.

how have you ladies coped better in 2nd labours

i need some ideas as im really no good with pain at all

i hate water births i just cant relax

i just cant be pushing for another 4 and a half hrs

any advice that i could think about for my birth plan please?

My honest advice you would be to go for the epidural if you're worried or scared about the pain, then go to sleep until it's time to push! No two labours are the same so don't think because you struggled last time that you will again, that's not true. Have you thought about hypno birthing? xx

My 2nd labour was so much better in every way!!! I was worried after a long traumatic induction and huge tear.

Second time was a lot lot quicker and I actually enjoyed it xx

First time it was horrible for me to, long painfully dragged out n ended in section

This time im just hoping it will be different n tryin to stat calm what will b will b x

Ermmmm my second labour wAs so different from first.
It was 1hr30 mins I had gas and air abd pethidine. I hadn't wrote a birth plan but the midwife done it.with me while I was there quickly.

My first labour was bad. It was12 hours got stuck at 3cms and had.the drip contractions was painful and fast.
x

my 2nd baby was much easier, i had more control over contractions at the start and i managed 2-3 hours at home on my tens machine its still painful but thats normal lol

pushing time is quicker dont u think? took me 3 pushes and he was out lol

i really hope its better this time, my first was in slow labour for 4 days then went in hospital with active labo, put on a drip to increase contractions, only has gas n air and peth and she got stuck at 10cm pushed for 4 and hr hrs ,prep for a c-section but after a ventouse, 2 cuts and forceps she was out - active labour was only 16 n half hrs. then i was kept in hospital for 5 days

Roxane I know how you feel. I was scared of giving birth second time round even though my first labour was quite a positive one. But I shouldn't have worried because t was much easier and only lasted 3 hours from first twinge to birth! So it will probably be easier, won't last as long and you will be less scared at the time x

I'm in the opposite position to you - had a dream labour and birth first time round - 5 hours all up, no pain relief, no tears...so I'm thinking karma will be out to get me this time round :)

At the end of the day, we can't really control how our labour/birth will go - only how we deal with it. The calmer and more positive you are, the better prepared you will be mentally. Our bodies are designed for this, so we have to trust them and trust our midwives... and take things as they come. There's no point worrying about what "might' happen.... at the end of the day, nobody wants to see us suffer unneccessarily..and there are many options available to us in terms of pain-relief.

Try and stay calm (easier said than done I know!) and positive and hopefully things will go better this time :)

too be honest I never did a birth plan with either of my previous pregnacies. didnt see ther point as u dont know how u will feel. was induced at 35 weeks with my first as he wasnt growing but actually labour only lasted 5 hrs as the put me on a drip saying my conctractions werent strong enough !!! they trusted the monitor which wasnt even picking up half my contractions !!! managed with gas and air had to be cut as he dropped his heart rate so only took 2 pushes to get him out !!!

was worried bout having my second as a felt i wouldnt know when i was in labour as was induced. turned out i went into slow labour on and off for 3 weeks !! again when was in labour properly managed with gas and air and lasted bout 2 and half hrs in active labour. baby again dropped his heart rate but didnt get cut he took a few more pushes but not many. had him at 39+2

worried this time that it will b horrible as have had 2 quite good experiences and I actually enjoy giving birth !!!! keep trying to remind myself that my body has done it before and can do it. will take whatever pain relief i need too !!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back