How long?

K&A

Reaction score
Was your labour..

1st, 2nd, 3rd so on....

Im on my 1st-

Waters broke to labour- 15 and half hours (but no signs of labour)

Labour start to birth- 3 and half hours

*I've heard other girls say labours get shorter each time! Is that true for any of you?

Kylie x

---
- Sent from my bad ass iPhone ;)

Active labour (from 3cms onwards): 6 & half hours
From start of induction: 33 & half hours
From when my waters went: 82 & half hours

Omg Iv never thought of it like that in hours before !!!

And It was my 1st !

Hoping my 2nd (whenever it happens) is definitely shorter !

I'm on my 1st too. Start to finish labour was 42 and a half hours!! x

My first - I was in slow labour for over a week, random pains, contractions coming and going, was 3cm without anything happening (20th).. contractions were every 6 minutes from early afternoon on the 26th, brought into hospital at half 6, contractions 3 mins apart, put on a drip at around 12 and Odhrán was born at 1.40.. I only pushed for about 20 mins xx

Last edited:
my labours was 4 hours 58 minutes, was only pushing for 18 minutes! x

Number one : Pre labour was three days (was stuck at 2 cms) active labour was eight and a half hours

Number two :pre labour was seven hours (stayed at home contracting and wandering around ) active labour
was 46 mins :)

I bloody hope it gets quicker each time!! I was over 50 hours I lost count, and only dilated to 3cm after all that time. Bloody induction, its torture, should be illegal!

From my waters being broken I was in labour for 9 and 3/4 hours. 3 hours of that was spent pushing!

From start to finish labour was 3 and a half hours. It was my first so very shocked at the speed of it all. xx

Lacey's 1st niggle was at midday, they had to break waters, gave birth at 6.03pm so 6 hours
Charley's labour 1st niggle 6.30am, they had to break waters, gave birth at 10.17am so around 4 hours but they only classed it as 54mins as that's how long I was at hospital before giving birth.
Def gets quicker for me :D

From my waters being broken I was in labour for 9 and 3/4 hours. 3 hours of that was spent pushing!

Ooh I couldn't imagine pushing that long! That's my worst bit, contractions didn't bother me, it was the pushing I hated!

I honesty am stil in shock about how much easier the seconmd time was , the first time was .so bad I still get upset when I think about it

Ooh I couldn't imagine pushing that long! That's my worst bit, contractions didn't bother me, it was the pushing I hated!

It was horrendous and has put me off having another! I was begging for foreceps, c-section, anything to help get him out! He was a big boy at 9lbs 5ozs and ended up with ventouse eventually.

Number one from very first contraction to birth 9hr9mins eeeek....darent even sneeze for my second!! lol but my waters did go 48hr before so was induced...adding the time for contractions to kick off Id say 11hrs :) x

Had my very first contraction at 8pm then they broke my waters at 11am the next day at 3/4cm. My labour was considered 5 hours but 2 hours of that if not a bit more was pushing and the rest was csection time.

Im hoping the second one isn't that quick as I progressed to 10cm within 2 hours and as wierd as this may sound, I don't feel like it was enough time to enjoy labour. :blush: I was on my own in the middle of the night in a ward while the early contractions were going so I was sad I was in labour on my own. Home birth next time!

It was horrendous and has put me off having another! I was begging for foreceps, c-section, anything to help get him out! He was a big boy at 9lbs 5ozs and ended up with ventouse eventually.

I was only pushing for 20mins and I was begging them to rip him out!! Totally feel for you!

First labour...
First niggle to 4cm - about 9 hrs
4cm to holding baby - 2 ish hrs. Waters broke 40 mins before birth and was pushing for about 20 mins!
Hope the second ones quicker, be in and out in no time :)

My waters went at 12.30am on 27 December, few contractions, induction started at 6pm on 28 December, bad contractions lol, emergency c-section 11.17am 29 December after 3 hours of pushing baby was stuck in birth canal and he came out at 11.23am.

I've since been told that I can't have a natrual birth so I will never know if next will be quicker, I am so upset that I will never ever get to experience what it is like to actually push your baby out, I got him to an inch out but something wrong with my hips and he got stuck.

It makes me really upset tbh :cry:

:hug: Maria. that must be awful knowing that. xxx

Really sad, I can't actually remember exactly what the surgeon said when he came to see me after coz I was so knackered, but I've asked to be referred back so I can find out what went wrong, what exactly is wrong with me and what wil happen next time. I feel robbed and I haven't actually talked about oscars birth properly because it chokes me up :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back