What's going on???

louielly

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like a little advice... We're trying for our first baby and I had the copper IUD removed on 22nd Jul. My period appeared when expected (1 week later) although it was a little different from normal, as it appeared suddenly for a few hours, went away and then came back as normal 2 days later (which was on my average 27 day cycle) it lasted 2 days but was heavier than normal. I normally last 3/4 days but quite heavy.

According to my cycle, I should have been fertile from 10/7 to 15/7 and ovulated on the 13/7/11. We had intercourse on the 11th and I checked my ovulation on the 12th, 13th & 14th with the ovulation sticks, and they were coming out as NOT OVULATING.

From the 18/7 I have had brown spotting (I normally get this a few days before my period is due so wasn't too worried as I was next due a period on the 27/7) But it has continued for 11/12 days getting slightly heavier in the middle and I still haven't had my period!!! I have also had tender breasts, dizzy spells, back pain, cramping and severe bloating in this time. I normally only get bad cramping and a little back pain, which happens the day before and the first day of my period. The tender breasts and bloating seem to have gone now. I've felt a little queezy the last couple of days but I wouldn't call it morning sickness.

I've done 2 Clearblue Digital pregnancy tests (26/7 & this morning 29/7) Both have come back NEGATIVE.

I'm not sure if I could be pregnant and it just isn't showing up for some reason? Or if it's likely that the removal of the coil has made my cycles go crazy for a while (Although I thought, as the Copper IUD hasn't got any hormones in it, it shouldn't really effect it)

I'm really sorry for the long story and all the detail but I spoke to the doctors this morning, and they really weren't very helpful and am still confused. So was hoping someone on here might have been through a similar thing and could shed some light....

When I had the copper coil removed in jan it made my cycle 19 days longer than normal but went straight back to normal between 28 and 30 days after that. Maybe ur womb is just a bit unsettled from having the coil out. How long did u have the coil in for? I only had mine for 1 year 2 months. Hope u get some answers soon xx

Last edited:
Thanks Kanga86, I also had it for just over a year.

xx

Well I'm definitely not pregnant this time... I did an ovulation test this morning, as was having sharp pains on the right and sometimes left side yesterday with a bit of cramping. It turns out I'm having a LH surge, so am fertile at the moment!!... This would mean that I probably did have my period but during the spotting (it did get slightly heavier over 3 days) and would have started on day 25 which would be quite normal for me, as my cycles are normally between 25 & 28 days.

Fingers crossed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back