what would you want?

missb

Reaction score
Hi my sister is pregnant with the very first baby in the family I am planning to get some nice baskets one for baby and one for her and fill them up (each week I will get a new thing)..................so I dont know what to put in hers? what would you want after having a baby? Im thinking bath salts and bath stuff for healing after birth (Im assuming there are products like this out there?) creams? purfume? I just want her to feel nice and I think its nice for mummy to get presents too! Any ideas? thanks for reading.:)

Dry shampoo! My hair was grease bound for far too long after birth. You can get some really nice ones she can just brush though, you rarely have time to wash and blow x

Wine! Ha ha!

What a lovely idea, what a nice sister you are xxx

I did this for my friend - I gave her Mummy mitts for the pram and matching bubba mitts for baby, mum to be bath soak, nipple cream, moist toilet tissue, vasilene for her lips, hairbands, small hairbrush, face cleansing wipes, moisturiser (mine was more for handy things for her or to put in her hospital bag) hope that helps!x

Love the dry shampoo idea, fab. Some nice facial wipes, I love the Nivea ones, hand cream, my hands were so dry and cracked as I was washing them so much.. Soap and Glory's hand food is what I use and I love it, you could also get her a voucher for a hairdressers, even a blow dry.. It's nice to get a bit of pampering when you are so tired and busy with the new arrival x

Love the dry shampoo one!
Aw that's such a nice idea! I can't think of things!! I'll get back to u if anything enters my brain! X

Great ideas thanks! it sounds like dry shampoo is a must have! If any one can think of any more please let me know. I do beauty therapy so she will be having nice treatment vouchers too. Im getting very excited now Im going to buy a travel cot for when I am babysitting heeehee!

Tinkerbell86 what are mummy mitts? sorry If Im just being stupid I have never heard of them but it sounds great where can I have a look at some? EDIT- had a look at mummy mits they are great I will 100% be getting them so thank you!!!!

Last edited:
If you type mummy mitts into google I think its www.mummymitts.co.uk their mittens that attach to the pram so you don't have to fiddle about with taking gloves off and bubba mitts attach to babies clothes although are probably for 9mth plus babies!

What kind of budget are you on if you don't mind me asking? A really super gift would be a Pink Lining changing bag, if they were her taste of course, they're around £70 but in their sales they drop to around £37.50 and are beautiful x

Thanks Tinkerbell86 I am going to get them for her!

Febmum2be- I love those bags but her friend is getting her a changing bag but thank you tho, as far as a budget im thinkin one bigger item like breast pump and then smaller bits but she has gone and got herself a pump now so need new idea! lol

Ahh if her friend hadn't of been getting her that it would have been fab packed with goodies! I'll keep thinking and post back xx

What pump did she get? Do you know?

Just I bought an avent manual (ouch!) and a tommee tippee electric (rubbish!) before my sis gave me her Medela Swing.

When I bought the first two my Sis kept telling me to take them back and buy a Medela but I didn't listen and wish I had.

Another absolutely brilliant item to get is a breastfeeding pillow. I have a Boppy one - its brilliant! Some of the others here use Widgey and 'My Breast Friend' pillows too.

If you type mummy mitts into google I think its www.mummymitts.co.uk their mittens that attach to the pram so you don't have to fiddle about with taking gloves off and bubba mitts attach to babies clothes although are probably for 9mth plus babies!

OMG!! That's GENIUS!!!

I was thinking of stuff for my sister when the times comes - the main one I thought was teh Lansinoh cream. I didn't get it at first because of the price, but then gave in, so worth it!!

Last edited:
Yeah they're great esp with cold weather!I got an email yesterday saying they're bringing out a backpack for kids with a mac, waterbottle and other handy items inc!

What pump did she get? Do you know?

Just I bought an avent manual (ouch!) and a tommee tippee electric (rubbish!) before my sis gave me her Medela Swing.

When I bought the first two my Sis kept telling me to take them back and buy a Medela but I didn't listen and wish I had.

Another absolutely brilliant item to get is a breastfeeding pillow. I have a Boppy one - its brilliant! Some of the others here use Widgey and 'My Breast Friend' pillows too.
Im not sure what pump she got in the end, thats a good idea the boppy pillow I have seen some nice ones.

My sister gave me a wee basket with a mini bottle of wine and some pate and oatcakes (cos I really missed eating certain foods when pg). I scoffed the pate during the night whilst still in hospital. Mmmm.

I got peanuts brought in the day after Odhrán was born, they were the best tasting nuts ever!

Ok so thats another good idea some food she has missed!
ok this is my list so far-
Bath salts and bath soak (that helps with healing after birth)
face wipes, face tinted moisturiser,
dry shampoo, bed socks, purfume,
mummy mitts, chocolate,
photo album, chap stick
soothing head pad (she gets bad heads and was going to add a note saying you will need this at 3am with a crying baby)
body moisturiser and beauty treatments (Im a beauty therapist)
That is so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back