PRESENTS

lainey

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

Just abit of advice (not sure if this is the right place to post or not?!)

Afew of my friends are way to be mummies..... and its ideas for presents.

Usually I buy a basket and make my own hamper for them..... which is still what I want to do.

I was after some ideas of some really cool things to put in it....

Usually I put in....

:D Ducks for the Bath
:D Assortment of funky clothes
:D Face Mask, Bubble Bath, Exfoliater, Mini Perfumes - FOR MUMMY
:D Range of Jonsson Baby Products
:D Funky pair of designer trainers.

So if any of u girls have any websites that sell other things or u have any other ideas to put in can you post it here and let me know....

I heard you get Dior Designer baby bottles but I cant see any on net.....

Yes you can definitely get Dior bottles, Armani have just started doing them too. Dior are a bit nicer though. Usually some for sale on Ebay. If none there, lots of children's designer shops stock them. Dior also do some really nice soft toys. :D

Lovely idea, but what about a present for the father? People forget that two people made the baby!
If the dads about then you cant forget him!

Can I just give some more advice on presents. I was in hosptial for a while before and after having DS - and the gifts that made me cry was my godmother who turned up with a pile of glossy magazines for me and my great aunt who bought in a luxury toiletries set for me. I had so many pressies for DS that I couldn't move, but I hadn't treated myself to anything from the day I found out I was pregnant. Now I always buy a little gift just for the mummy :D

I have made a beautiful fleecy blanket for each of my friends. Hem it with ribbon and embroider the babies name and birth on it. I love to do this as clothes are grown out of so quickly but a blanket is something which is treasured and used constantly. If however your not handy with a needle you can also get them online. I've put a link so you can see what I mean :D

http://www.myblankets.com/personalised- ... nkets.html

could you include a large empy box with a newspaper from the day the babe was born - i have one for each of mine - the eldest is now 13 and it is jam packed full of things - newpaper from birth day - photos' - first curls, tooth, cards from hospital, birthday cards , first pair of shoes, motherds day cards they made, drawings, school reports, - i call them memory boxes - best bit for me is that the kids don't even know they exist - i will give them when they are much older and able to appreicate them

i want u as my friend with gifts like that hehe

i would have loved a cloth nappy hamper, but im nappy mad so a lot of folk might not want that. Re J&J baby products, id actually have hated that :oops: i really dislike that company for their animal testing etc, so make sure u havent an odd ball friend like me

whooww! please cant you be my friend.. lol..

yes a nice blanket could be good.. u can always use a blanket..and perhaps a nice bottle of wine for the parents to drink or something..depends on how much you want to spend..

i think a nice idea would be to get a meal voucher for the parents and a baby sitting voucher for when they want to go you will have the baby for a few hrs..i think you are a lovely friend.. and your gifts would be very much appreciated..i know a friend who makes personalized baby products.. bibs with names on and such.. but it could be a bit long to wait if its a gift for right away..xx

awww thanks girls !!!!

My 3 mates who had babies last year all loved the hampers I gave them, but I just wanted to fill it with different things for this years mummies to be.

I love the personalised Blanket idea... I am defo going to get one of those.... such a lovely idea and you know what children are like with a favourite blanket..... I still have my baby blankie!!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice! I usually make big hampers for my very close friends and just mini hampers for friends that arent as close. But il have to remember a present for daddy... and a nice bottle of wine!!!!

Thanks girls :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back