What to start with

monkeynut

Reaction score
Leo is 2 1/2 weeks away from being 6 months old and I give in! I wanted to wait until 6 months to wean but he is hungry ALL of the time and is now waking at night 3 times despite having two bottles one after the other at bed time (14oz!!!)

Would it be ok to start with something like puréed banana or apple?

I started with baby rice for a coupes of days then a couple of days later puréed fruit and vegetables. Now we only use baby rice to thicken the purées but for the first 2 days it was brilliant for her to learn what to so with things in her mouth.
I found that banana or apple can be a little too much to start with as they can constipated them so we started with pear and sweet potato carrots and after 2-3 days we tried apple and next week banana. But we started at 4 m so you can probably go through all this much faster :)
Good luck exciting times!!!

have a look on the Hipp Organic website. They have a downloadable chart for weaning. its brilliant! (its 2 pages)

really really helpful

I stated my lo with baby rice and then moved onto baby porridge then pureed fruit and veg. I started before 6 moths though. He's just turned 6 months last week and is on 3 meals a day and niw I just whizz up wht we have for tea for him. He had his first roast dinner last night! Went down a treat!

XX

I started with veg purée, then fruit. Then porridge. When he's 6 month anything goes!xx

Thanks, I gave a tiny amount of apple (and found my hand blender is rubbish! Ordered a tommee tippee blender now) and it was a huge hit. Going to do this for a few days before trying a little veg (probably carrot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back