Bottle or sippy cup

english rose

Reaction score
Aaaaaarrrggghh! Another conundrum!!!

I'm currently breastfeeding. Need to wean LO off of me by 7 months as need to go back to work, so planning to wean onto formula before I start weaning her onto solids.

Hoping to get her off of me by 6 1/2 months (except the first morning feed).

So, should I wean her onto bottles or straight onto sippy cup?

My Mum thinks 6 months is too little to be without a 'comfort sucking object' (she doesn't have a dummy or suck her thumb at the mo)

However, do I want to get her onto bottles (which may be a struggle) only to have to wean her off of those in a few more months time?

What do you think ladies???

I don't think a baby needs a bottle after a certain point. We've certainly stopped trying Tyler with a bottle as he just won't take it. He has a TT cup and a nuby pressure valve cup he hasn't got the hang of either yet tho tbh!

I'm going back at 7 months too am going to try and wean onto a cup as the few times we tried he fed it to himself so hoping to bypass bottles altogether

Oooh! Let me know how you get on jojo! I'm more and more inclined to bypass bottles. While I've been thinking about it I've bought some bottle teats (which I'll probably never use!) and a TT first sips cup (which I've since read bad reviews for) so I'm now not sure which cup to use!!! I want to make a decision before I waste more money! Might just try what I've got before I spend any more pennies, but I'm thinking that the nuby cups look quite good now! Oh decisions decisions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back