Your food routine's?

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
What's your routine regarding food just so I can get the gist of it?
ATM Charley's have 2 meals a day aswell as 7/8 bottles!!
He has porridge with his 7.30am bottle and something that I've made puréed about 5.30-6ish but I'm thinking that's too close to his 7.30 bedtime cos he's not been taking much milk then! I gave him a mashed banana for lunch today too but don't know when to give milk during the day! So far his routine is...
7.30am bottle and porridge
10.30am bottle
1.30pm bottle but today gave banana with bottle
4.00pm bottle
5.30-6pm puréed food
7.30pm bedtime bottle
Then has at least 2 bottles over night

He's not always finishing his bottle but othertimes will drain them!

So how do you fit your meal's in with their bottles now your weaning?

I have reduced his milk today and now do this

7.30 get up
8am 7oz bottle
9am breakfast
11.30 5oz bottle
12.30 lunch
4pm 5oz bottle
5pm dinner
7pm 7oz bottle
7.15ish bed

He used to have all 7oz bottles but dietician said he only needs 18-21oz of milk now and to reduce it so he has more food. I do find it hard to fit it all in, feels like I am constantly feeding him!

I have reduced his milk today and now do this

7.30 get up
8am 7oz bottle
9am breakfast
11.30 5oz bottle
12.30 lunch
4pm 5oz bottle
5pm dinner
7pm 7oz bottle
7.15ish bed

He used to have all 7oz bottles but dietician said he only needs 18-21oz of milk now and to reduce it so he has more food. I do find it hard to fit it all in, feels like I am constantly feeding him!

Emilys routine is very similar to this. She has bottle, next time she's hungry it's a meal, next time it's a bottle etc! I don't give milk as part of her meals, just water x

Yes I give him water with his meals too and offer him a bit more water/juice in a bottle throughout the day as he doesn't take much from the cup and has been a bit constipated. X

Thanks girls. Charleys got his jab's tomorrow so I won't change his routine until Monday but will follow a similar routine to this, just tweak it slightly to fit around school run's. I remember Lacey being on only 2-3 bottles when she was on 3 meals a day, 1 for breakfast, lunch and bedtime but charley doesn't seem like he wants to give his bottles up yet! He has cut down alot over the past few days during the day though but even though he won't take much milk, he'll still eat all his food so he must be hungry!

ive only been doing this properly the last week or so but it goes a little something like this....

6.30am, 5-6oz bottle.
10am,banana porridge plus 3oz milk
1pm 5-6oz bottle
4pm pureed food
5pm bottle if he wants it... he doesnt seem keen tho
7pm 5-6oz bottle and then bed
11pm 5-6oz bottle

I would give charley food in between feeds. We're going to be doing BLW but milk is still the sole source of nutrients and will be for a long time yet...I wouldn't cut out any bottles just yet Hun.

I'm not gonna give him any food at lunch until he's 5/6 months so I can go straight onto solids there ie bread etc.
Charley's no where near ready to cut any of his bottles out yet cos even if I give him food, he still wants a bottle 3 hours after!

I'm not gonna give him any food at lunch until he's 5/6 months so I can go straight onto solids there ie bread etc.
Charley's no where near ready to cut any of his bottles out yet cos even if I give him food, he still wants a bottle 3 hours after!

Same as Drake...he bloody loves his milk. And it has to be every 3 hours on the dot! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back