Weening

-Cat-

Reaction score
Hey everyone long time no speak!
congrats to all of you who have had your babies! I have had my hands full as of late with Noah and also resuming study for my OU degree!

Im just about to start weening Noah, as there is no way he is going to wait another 2 months! I know how to start and that eventually I need to have him on 3 meals and 3 bottles a day, but I just wanted to ask you guys what routine do you use? at what times do you give bottles and feeds, do you do bottles and meals together or all of them as sepereate meal times, please tell me your daily shedules like what time you do the first feed of the day and when do you give them their last feed.

Oh also I know a lot of women in my baby group said when they first started weening, their babies went less time at night before waking for a feed at first, have any of you found this? amd if so how long did they keep that up for?

Hi Cat, first of all well done on doing OU course i can carley remember to wash up at minute! lol

I have been weaning Jack for a few week now and i first started by giving him Baby rice on a morning with his first bottle then trying him at lunch etc...

i'll give you a run down of typical day now if thats ok will be easier to explain

7.30-8.00am 8oz bottle then baby ceral (packet mix)

11.30-12.30 7/8oz bottle and a couple of ice cubes of veg/ 1/2 jar of food(depends whether you doing own food or not)

3.30-4.30 7oz bottle with couple ice cubes of veg and bit of puree bannana or apple

6.00-6.30 usally getting really tired as doesnt sleep much through day just cat naps so i bath him give 9oz bottle then straight to bed.

he now generally sleeps through as well.

Hope this helps :D

Also i have an E-book of weaning so if you want me to try and email you a copy PM me and i'll try my best

Wow thats great Jo.

Noah has a bottle at 10:30 pm and only sleeps till about 5:00 still! and he is 4 months old tomorrow.

Do you find Jack takes the whole 8 oz bottle when you give it at the same time as a meal?

He takes most of it most of the time, i always give him milk first and then move on to food even if he leaves some milk, he tend to finish it afterwards.

Hope that makes sense

Ava is down to 4 bottles a day(breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime or middle of the night). She still only has like 2 solid meals a day. I'm going to add in the third one in a few weeks when she turns 7 months old. She has a breakfast meal(porridge and fruit with a sippy cup of water) and a dinner meal (porridge and veggies with a sippy of water). She sometimes has a yogurt for a snack and I've just recently given her a biter biscuit. I give her solids in between bottles because I want to make sure she's still getting enough formula because it's still very important that she get all the nutrients from it. I think in a few weeks when I introduce that 3rd meal(lunch), I'll give her the bottle with the meal. We'll see how it all works out, that's the plan though!

She is still getting atleast 26oz of formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back