labour plans?

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi,
been thinking a lot about labour recently- mainly because i'm worried i suppose!
just thought i'd start this page to see what everyone elses plans/ fears etc. are??

i hope to have as natural a birth as possible and only have gas and air. i'm gonna have music, a birthing ball, a hot wheat bag (meant to be good for aches during labour) i'm concentrating all my energy on trying to stay as calm as possible and have a quick birth!! hope-hope!!

any ideas? tips?

godbless
lisa xx

Hi Lisa,

I love the sound of the wheat bag! :D Sounds like you've been doing a lot of planning. My only advice would be to keep a really open mind, so much can happen in the birthing suite. All the things you've listed sound great for early labour and may be enough to carry you through.

Good Luck!

Hi Lisa :wave:
I am planning on a water birth with gas and air ( god I love that stuff :cheer: ) In the local midwife Unit. All being well this should go to plan. Still hoping for a 30 min birth like when my Mum had me. Actually praying :pray: lol.
Sherry xx

I'm hoping to time mine just right so i can have an epidural. I went in too early with my first daughter and it was a horrible experience, with my second i left it too late oops and couldn't have any drugs. I refused gas and air as all it done with Jamie was made me sick and had no effect. I really (x10000000) want an epidural :pray: :pray: :pray: this time round!!

If my labour is anything like last time I'll be having an epidural! The gas and air made me sick and didnt take the pain away at all.

Hopefully this LO will decide to come out as quick as possible and save his Mummy from too much pain! :pray:

Hi

Im hoping for gas and air like my previous labour its all i had until i got to 9 and a half cm and needed a section .
So mostly im hoping for a natural birth with only gas and air .
Katrina

I think it's great you're thinking about it lisa, and despite birth being an unplannable event, its great you have some idea of what you want, and planning to stay as calm as possible sounds good to me, very best wishes :hug:

My only concern is tearing, but I am perineal massaging so doing all I can to protect that concern. Feel very prepared, reading lots about birth, watching positive labours, knowing my partner and my cousin are also 100% there for me on birth day too has eased my concerns. Just hope I feel a nice bond with the homebirth MW's on the day too, and keeping very focussed on a comfortable and easy birth, no matter what may happen :)

Should add how I'm doing that to answer better, I'm practising relaxation, breathing, birth ball and calm/fear release (hypnobirthing stuff) which is great as I'm doing it with my partner so he understands and my cousin is also reading up about it as she will be my light touch massager on the day :)

just a word of warning about the wheat bags. They don't get very hot and don't keep their heat very long at all. I was quite disapointed with them really. Give me a hot water bottle any day!

K.xxx

I'm going to try to "go with the flow" as it were.

With my first son, I had a birth plan, but it all went out the window. So this time I'm just keeping an open mind. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back