What part of the house do you tackle first?

Mamafy

Reaction score
Housework wise. :wall2:

I either do all the bedrooms first or do the kitchen and dining room room after the kids destroying it at breakfast time :lol:

Between this I always put the washing machine on as well.

So what do you do first?

I start in the kitchen cos I normally start straight after brekkie

I generally try and start attacking at the top of the house and work my way down...but I always end up side-tracked and doing about 4 rooms at once, just to really untidy the place whilst I go :lol:

I do the family room, then the living room, then the kitchen as these are the areas any guest will see first :lol:

i always start downstairs first like tonk said thats what guest see first!! then the bathroom by then i cant be bothered to do the bedrooms lol

Kitchen, living room, bathroom. Then the rest xx

I always start in the bedrooms because no one see's them, so if i'm knackered after doing everything else i would end up leaving them iykwim. It doesn't matter how tired i am after doing the bedrooms i will always still do the kitchen and living room just incase i get visitors. I have a weird way of working don't i lol xx

i always get up and put my washing, thats been on delayed start and finished just before we get up, in the drier first, then i normally put on my second load and move onto the bedrooms. then after breakfast i tackle the kitchen and then the rest.
the living room is normally last as maddi's playing and wrecking it, so i finish that normally just before/during nap time!

Washing, Kitchen then living room. We clean the bathroom as we use it.

on a wednesday when im off work i start at the top in the attic (our bedroom) and strip the beds/bring down laundry.. that way i can get a load in the washing machine straight away, after i put a wash on i take the hoover up to the attic and start working my way down through the house, so its the attic, then the kids rooms (tidying and hoovering) then the bathroom, kitchen and lounge last.

on a normal day i just do the laundrym, kitchen and lounge LOL!

Last edited:
I make sure I get downstairs done before OH gets home cos no matter how sparkling upstairs is when he sees downstairs is the same as when he left he'll think I've done nothing all day, by the time men get upstairs they just stop noticing stuff!!

Our house is on three levels so I start at the bottom with vacuuming the floor and washing it, then I dust/polish all the banisters (loads of) and skirting up the stairs - then as I vacuum up the stairs and usuallly carry on the vacuum the bedrooms and bathroom floors - I usually clean our shower when Im in it as its easier! Kitchen gets done daily anyway and as I bring the hoover back downstairs I do the lounge and utility - it can take forever if Im not organised. Can get it all done in a couple of hours if I crack on.

i make sure i get downstairs done before oh gets home cos no matter how sparkling upstairs is when he sees downstairs is the same as when he left he'll think i've done nothing all day, by the time men get upstairs they just stop noticing stuff!!

this is my point exactly hehe:)

My upstairs is usually the one to suffer. Im always tiptoeing round 1 or more in my house and then sometimes I can't get to do up or down drives me mad so my answer is the first thing I am able to have a hissy fit with!

HAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back